You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

It happens both, when opening a single or multiples, I have  an E-M1 and a E-M1 Mark 2 the RAW files open about 1.0 to 1.5 stops underexposed with or without the automatic tone curve applied.

Desktop: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB Ram, RTX 3070, LG 27" 4K 10Bit

Windows 11 22h2

Dell Laptop: i7 7700, 32GB Ram, GTX 1060, 16" 4K

Windows 10 22h2

• Staff

I've just been testing this and get much better results when Apply Tone Curve is enabled, so it's odd that isn't working for you.  I've attached a screenshot, left is Adobe Camera RAW and right is Affinity Photo, pretty much an almost like for like and a little tweak on the Affinity sliders soon has them both matching. 

Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 11.30.39.png

6 minutes ago, stokerg said:

I've just been testing this and get much better results when Apply Tone Curve is enabled.  I've attached a screenshot, left is Adobe Camera RAW and right is Affinity Photo. 

As both programs read a RAW file differently, there will always be some difference between how they first open but this can soon be corrected by playing with the sliders. But for me, having enable tone curve enabled gave me the closest match to other apps.

Yes applying tone curve does help a little but the exposure is still dark on Olympus files. I've tried RAW files from other camera brands that don't have this problem. It gets to be a pain when I have to adjust the exposure on every shot on a large shoot such as a wedding when I know I've nailed the exposure. I've set up a profile which does speed things up a bit, I was just curious if this was being looked into as It has been brought up before several times by other people besides me in the past.

Desktop: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB Ram, RTX 3070, LG 27" 4K 10Bit

Windows 11 22h2

Dell Laptop: i7 7700, 32GB Ram, GTX 1060, 16" 4K

Windows 10 22h2