You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

EPS File has no layers at all after opening

Hello from Germany,

I bought an template from Creative Market. The seller provides a ZIP File with an EPS file and a seperate AI file. By I opening the AI file, I see the picture of the file but can not change anything, since it is all in one layer. The EPS file is also just one layer (with no sub layers) and shows a black screen. Sidenote: There is no large number within the coordination (layer out of place issue). The seller provided the information, to change the settings to "open the layers" before editing EPS files. But I can't find any tool to do so.

Help would be great. Thanks.

• Staff
4 hours ago, Richard Bolte said:

I bought an template from Creative Market. The seller provides a ZIP File with an EPS file and a seperate AI file. By I opening the AI file, I see the picture of the file but can not change anything, since it is all in one layer. The EPS file is also just one layer (with no sub layers) and shows a black screen. Sidenote: There is no large number within the coordination (layer out of place issue). The seller provided the information, to change the settings to "open the layers" before editing EPS files. But I can't find any tool to do so.

Hi Richard Bolte and Welcome to the Forums,

Do you know if the EPS file was created with the PDF stream option enabled in AI?  This post explains a bit more about how we deal with EPS files.