Thanks for reply.

Got both, Photo and Designer but for obvious(?) reasons try to get familliar with Photo as possible PS (here: CS5) replacement.

I am familiar with sc. 'paper space' and sc. 'model space' per CAD soft analogies but-have to admit-had no idea it may exist in PS.

How could I check/verify that oversized layer /in PS?/ ?

cheers,

AF Photo+Designer+Publisher and their betas on Win10 x64+AmdFX+24GB RAM

4 hours ago, Zbigg said:

I am familiar with sc. 'paper space' and sc. 'model space'

I’m not familiar with the abbreviation ‘sc.’ Perhaps you could expand it for me and others.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.12.86 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.2 (iPad Air 2)

13 hours ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

I’m not familiar with the abbreviation ‘sc.’ Perhaps you could expand it for me and others.

So-called. New invention perhaps?

Does it bring any enlightment to the real problem?

cheers,

In Affinity Designer you can use Artboards as a pseudo trim transparency.

1. Select the artwork
  2. Select the Artboard Tool
  3. Under Size: Select Selection in the Artboard Context Menu, which will appear above the artwork and below the main toolbar.
    1319244065_ScreenShot2018-08-18at08_56_34.png.02c6caff00ecc5af249a47fe20076d12.png
  4. Click on Insert Artboard

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad2 iOS 9.35 B|  

Instagram & Flickr - Affinity Designer (ADe) Tutorials - Affinity Photo (APh) Tutorials - Public Domain Images

4 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

In Affinity Designer you can use Artboards as a pseudo trim transparency.

1. Select the artwork
  2. Select the Artboard Tool
  3. Under Size: Select Selection in the Artboard Context Menu, which will appear above the artwork and below the main toolbar.
    1319244065_ScreenShot2018-08-18at08_56_34.png.02c6caff00ecc5af249a47fe20076d12.png
  4. Click on Insert Artboard

Well, thats ok but I expected to work with bitmaps in APhoto rather than vector program?

Can I correct it in APhoto? I just only need trim by transparency...

cheers,

10 minutes ago, Zbigg said:

Well, thats ok but I expected to work with bitmaps in APhoto rather than vector program?

mentioned it for all the +1 transparency trim voters for designer to give them a workaround for now. Toltec mentions this in his post prior to mine, I just went into more detail.

It would be helpful for you to make a simple design that you would normally do in order for people to try and find a workaround for you or a workflow that would be more beneficial.

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad2 iOS 9.35 B|  

Instagram & Flickr - Affinity Designer (ADe) Tutorials - Affinity Photo (APh) Tutorials - Public Domain Images

Just for laughs...

1. I created a document in Adobe Photoshop CC  and a similar one in Affinity Photo
  2. I created a simple brush 100px in each app and started with RGB Red (255,0,0) Hardness 0%
  3. I made guides that would place the brush centres at X: 150, 300 and 450px and Y: 150px 
  4. I made 3 brush dots with a single click with the mouse using Hardness 0%, 50% and 100%
  5. I then used trim in Adobe Photoshop CC and Clip in Affinity Photo
  6. The document size for Adobe Photoshop CC = 481x159px
  7. The document size for Affinity Photo = 396x99px

This is quite a difference, Affinity Photo crops quite aggressively to the 100% hardness dot but the antialiasing is better in Adobe Photoshop CC and gives a smoother effect than Affinity Photo 

On 8/18/2018 at 11:03 AM, Zbigg said:

Document > Clip Canvas