You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi

I hope someone can help me. I have a windows 10 desktop computer using wireless to a HP envoy printer. When I try to print from affinity programme I get the printer starting then as it prints a line it stops and rejects the paper as if it has been completed. I am fully updated with all the windows 10 upgrades. This used to print fine but for some reason has started to do this which is very frustrating. Any advice will be gratefully received. I do not have any printing problems on other programmes.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, Eryl. :)

Since you can apparently print correctly to your HP Envy printer from other programs, try exporting to PDF and then printing from your PDF viewer. This workflow would give you the added advantage of being able to check the output before wasting expensive ink and paper.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

The most likely culprit in a situation like this is a Windows update.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Alfred.

Thanks for your advice I can convert the writing to PDF and print onto the posters Thanks for that it has saved me some grief.

I was thinking of buying the photo package but this problem has really put me off as I still cannot print in Affinity in fact now I press print absolutely nothing happens. This has caused further problems on other things I want to do. I have just updated the programme with the latest soft wear, and sick as a chip that this will not work. The annoying thing is that I have also sent a copy of this to the support team and I haven't heard a thing from them.

• 2 weeks later...

Eryl,

I am having problems with an HP printer, windows 10 and ALL the Affinity programs.

Like you I have no problem printing with other software.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/66262-hp-printer-settings-not-recognised/

I have been trawling through all the posts about printing from Affinity programs and have come to the conclusion that it is a waste of time using the print option in all of them.  If you need to print anything then it needs to be exported in a format such as .jpg, .pdf or whatever so your files can be opened in another third party software and printed from that using their print dialog in conjunction with the HP dialog.

I bought Photo and Designer this week based on the website advertising and other reviews without first testing it, silly me.  I am a very long term Serif user who is used to suffering workarounds, but this print issue is a deal breaker.  The programs are good and will get better but basic printing should be a given at this stage of development.  I mean, how can you not have the very basic 6x4 and 7x5 print option for photos.  Back to the Plus series for me until improvements are made to the printing process.