You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Feature request : crop by bounding box

I'd like to have this for both designer and photo.

Currently I have a document with lots of layers, I need to export each layer as a seperate cropped object.

The export persona is too cumbersome for this, but the slice tool does almost work exactly as I'd like the crop tool to work.

Ideally, when selecting the crop tool, there would be an extra button in the toolbar "bounding box" that automatically sizes the crop to the bounding box of the selected object on screen. Even more elegant would be an extra pixel offset, so that when cropping to the bounding box, and offset of a few pixels could be set to leave a little extra space around the object.

Such an option would greatly enhance my workflow. As it is now, I need to go through hundreds of objects and manually size the crop each... and... every.. time... which is mighty time consuming.

On 18 August 2018 at 10:47 AM, Pete123 said:

Currently I have a document with lots of layers, I need to export each layer as a seperate cropped object.

The export persona is too cumbersome for this, but the slice tool does almost work exactly as I'd like the crop tool to work.

Don't use the Slice Tool for this

Go into the Export Persona, click on Layers, select all layers at once and hit the create slice button, then into the Slices Tab and click on Export Slices button

Takes about 10 seconds.

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.