You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export multiple slices per layer

It would be extremely useful for me to be able to define more than one slice per layer, or be able to limit what a slice exports to a single layer instead of the whole stack. Right now exporting to bitmaps with transparent parts is impossible to do sometimes if you want a non-destructive workflow.

Related to exporting slices: when renaming a layer after a slice has been created, that name needs to be manually also updated in the slice name, which is a pain. I'd rather it also updated when I change the layer name.

Some another usefull features:

• slice from selection (part(s) of an image or multiple objects) => one new slice
  • slices from selections (part(s) of an image or multiple objects) => new slices
  • slice from mask (only the visible part define the slice w & h = solve the problem of transparent pixels to trim)
  • being able to hide slices' borders but the current one (selected). Would be very usefull when slices overlap other ones.
  • convert "yellow slice" to "violet slice" and vice versa
  • a new sort of slice: created with visibility from selected layer to background -- not above -- and all objects below are and can be (un)selected. This would work with "slice from selection" too, to define an area first.
    This would avoid dupplicating layers to get another slice with an object with different color, i.e. and keep our Export persona clean, not needing to rename slice before export for a different version or dupplicating object when not needed but export.