Iulisvectordesign

Exporting vectors without losing the effects?

Hi, is there any way to export vector files from AD for iPad with all the effects applied? I know SVG format won’t keep them, and I’ve tried all PDF versions available for export with no avail; same with EPS. I love working on my iPad and I can do almost all the work in Designer, but I need the end product in AI format, and re-doing the FX effects in Illustrator is too time consuming (and letting the effects alone for AI is impossible for me, I’m doing realistic vector portraits and I need all my my effects applied in real time). 

I apologize for my poor English, I’m not a native speaker. 

Thank you in advance for any answer.

iuli

Thank you for your quick reply!

My question isn’t for a particular file but for any file; I think it’s my fault, I should have said that I want to export the effects without being rasterized. They get exported in PDF format but instead of the original vector files which contain FX I get square raster files with said effects. I think this was already discussed but I can’t find the thread. 

I will send a file with applied effects in the link you have provided if I’m doing something wrong and the FX should be saved as vector objects and manipulated as such in other softwares.

Thank you again

iuli

PS I don’t know what I’m doing wrong with the text size. It might be because I’m writing from my iPad. Thank you for editing my post.

If you're using the effects applied in the FX panel, they will be rasterised. FX are raster adjustments and do not exist in Vector format. So, you're not doing anything wrong. 

moved to feature requests

What about rasterizing the effects only? In case I do a stroke with 3D effect, convert it to curves and export this to pdf everything gets rasterized but actually I would love to see the geometry to stay vector and only the 3D effect on top be a rasterized bitmap. This is sort of essential if you do multilayered prints or prints with a cut contour.