You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

HURRY UP & FIX Drawing a Straight Line on Mac side.

23 hours ago, Callum said:

Hi Blackxacto,

What do you feel is broken about this tool?

Thanks

C

On Mac you can not just click in one place and shift-click on another. Doing this you will get line not from the first click - but from PREVIOUS DRAG position. From completely random place most of the time, actually

So on Mac you have to drag slightly (trying not to ruin art piece at this point) - and then shift-click at the end position

Very annoying, actually

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I love Affinity but this bug drives me INSANE and it's the only reason I keep the dreaded P-shop on my machine. The way shift-click currently operates in Affinity makes no sense at all. Each shift-click of the brush should ONLY paint a straight line from the last clicked place—there's no reason it should somehow recall 50 clicks ago when you last shift-clicked... which, incidentally, you had to do and then undo because the first time you tried shift-clicking it jumped from some random location, thereby making a line you didn't want.

This can't possibly be harder to code properly (i.e. shift-click only remembers the last click) than the way they've coded it... I thought this would get fixed early on but it's somehow still the case, which leads me to believe it was designed this way on purpose. If anyone can explain the logic to me, I'd love to hear it.