Nikita Shcerba

How to apply the gradient to stroke? (ipad)

2 hours ago, Nikita Shcerba said:

Hello friends,

Do you know how to apply the gradient tool to stroke? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Nick

2 hours ago, Nikita Shcerba said:

Hello friends,

Do you know how to apply the gradient tool to stroke? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Nick

Use Layer FX in Designer or Photo.

0BF46CAE-F32B-4EAA-B24C-46BF5DB4EB05.jpeg

A276CBA3-46AA-4AF0-8AC6-624BC7F9D306.png

Affinity Photo 1.6.7 and Designer 1.6.1 on MAC Mojave 10.4 Beta, Affinity Photo 1.6.9 and Designer 1.6.3 on iPad Pro 9.7" IOS 12.1 beta 5, Affinity Photo 1.6.4 on Windows 10

There's another way, tho' it is complicated. Select the object. Go to the stroke studio, and add an appropriate stroke to the object. With the object selected, go to the pen tool, and use click the  "use fill" button. Then with the fill tool, select "gradient" fill type. After setting the gradient, go to the color studio, and set the gradient control nodes to whatever color. 

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

Hello, thank you for the answers! But I guess, this doesn't work. So, basically, I have some text that has a stroke. I need to make this stroke with a gradient. Still can't figure it out how to do this.

8 minutes ago, Nikita Shcerba said:

Hello, thank you for the answers! But I guess, this doesn't work. So, basically, I have some text that has a stroke. I need to make this stroke with a gradient. Still can't figure it out how to do this.

Can you post a screen shot?

Affinity Photo 1.6.7 and Designer 1.6.1 on MAC Mojave 10.4 Beta, Affinity Photo 1.6.9 and Designer 1.6.3 on iPad Pro 9.7" IOS 12.1 beta 5, Affinity Photo 1.6.4 on Windows 10

Like this? :/

87AD764A-03FE-4A11-ACA3-DEDF690171DB.jpeg.de85398f024b96b8d6dd1bfab02a6f3e.jpeg

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.9.81 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.3.44 • iOS 12.1 (iPad Air 2)

Hello Mark!

Thank you for your answer. I appreciate your help. Just forgot to mention one important detail. In my case, text has another layer inside (mountains). And when i try to do like you did those gradient applies to the exhisted one, to the gradient that is inside the text (dark blue to white). And unfortunatly i don't see the option that can switch between inner fill to stroke

image.png.1a8de572167eafb3e5e97fe98f20e9dd.png

Click on tiny triangle to the left of the ‘A’ thumbnail in the Layers panel. This will expand the parent layer to reveal the child layer nested inside it, and you can then click on the thumbnail of the child layer to select it.

To switch from the fill context to the stroke context, tap on the lower icon at the left-hand end of the Context toolbar as shown at 18 seconds into Mark’s video.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.9.81 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.3.44 • iOS 12.1 (iPad Air 2)

On 8/17/2018 at 5:42 PM, αℓƒяє∂ said:

Click on tiny triangle to the left of the ‘A’ thumbnail in the Layers panel. This will expand the parent layer to reveal the child layer nested inside it, and you can then click on the thumbnail of the child layer to select it.

To switch from the fill context to the stroke context, tap on the lower icon at the left-hand end of the Context toolbar as shown at 18 seconds into Mark’s video.

Thank you, it was helpful