You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Support for Nikon D850 Raw

• Staff

Hi @Frances,

Welcome to the forums. 

If you're on Windows, Nikon D850 is not fully supported yet - I tested it with some sample files and they load. But we cannot guarantee full functionality. 

If you're on Mac, you can change the RAW engine to Apple RAW in Develop Assistant, which supports Nikon D850. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Gabe

I downloaded a free trial of Affinity at the beginning of the year (when I first got my D850) and as it didn't support the raw files, I didn't pursue the free trial. After your reply I tried to download a free trial again (using a different email address), as I didn't want to buy it, without seeing how it processes my raw files. Unfortunately it's not allowing me access as the free trial has expired. Is there any way of getting a second free trial, to check I am happy with the D850 raw processing?

Frances

I haven't tried it, but I believe the Adobe DNG Converter works with the 850's RAW files, so there's a work round until they're supported by AP. It's worth noting that "not supported" isn't the same as "doesn't work". 

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10