You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Workspace and Navigator color mismatch

Hello there, so it seems that the Navigator tool does not match your ICC profile. How can I resolve this?

Thank you in advance! Glad I made the jump to Affinity and just trying to get to know this software better.

color-mismatch.jpg

Windows 11 Pro x64 | 2700X 8 Cores CPU | AMD RX Vega 64 GPU | 32 GB RAM | NVMe M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 • 970 EVO SSD | Affinity Photo • Designer • Publisher

Do you mean the grey rectangle overlay seen in the Navigation Studio of your screenshot or something else? If it is the overlay, that shows you how much of the document is visible in the workspace when not all of it will fit at the current zoom level. You can drag the rectangle around in the Navigator panel to pan the view, in much the same way as by using the View (hand) Tool.

If you mean something else, please specify which ICC color profile you are using for the document -- there is no separate ICC profile setting for the UI.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff

Hi symisz, unfortunately (for now at least) the navigator view isn't colour managed, hence the yellow cast—this would make sense as it looks like you have a screen grab open with an embedded display colour profile (Q2270), a BenQ monitor I think?

You could try converting the document's colour profile to sRGB (Document>Convert ICC Profile) to see if the colour cast goes away. Generally, however, we are aware that the navigator view isn't colour managed like the main document view, and it's hopefully something that will be fixed in a future version. Hope that helps!

Product Expert (Affinity Photo) & Product Expert Team Leader

@JamesR_Affinity for tutorial sneak peeks and more
Official Affinity Photo tutorials

Your issue is two-fold.  

1) As the above posters have pointed out, your document colour profile is incorrectly set to use your monitor's colour profile (Q2770), instead of a standard document colour profile (such as sRGB).

2) There is a problem with your monitor colour profile, which is causing a yellow cast.  If you look at the colour pickers you can see that 255,255,255 isn't pure white, but yellow.

See my post in the following thread:
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/54099-white-isnt-white/&do=findComment&comment=274665

• 2 years later...
On 8/16/2018 at 8:34 AM, James Ritson said:

Hi symisz, unfortunately (for now at least) the navigator view isn't colour managed, hence the yellow cast—this would make sense as it looks like you have a screen grab open with an embedded display colour profile (Q2270), a BenQ monitor I think?

You could try converting the document's colour profile to sRGB (Document>Convert ICC Profile) to see if the colour cast goes away. Generally, however, we are aware that the navigator view isn't colour managed like the main document view, and it's hopefully something that will be fixed in a future version. Hope that helps!

Thanks James.

I've got this resolved, but I have not posted a reply yet in 3 years. So here it is 3 years later, so sorry!
Might  be handy for any new user who still stumbling on this issue.

I've configured My Preset to have the color profile sRGB IEC61966-2.1 instead of my monitor color profile and don't have any color cast mismatch anymore with my Navigator panel.

Windows 11 Pro x64 | 2700X 8 Cores CPU | AMD RX Vega 64 GPU | 32 GB RAM | NVMe M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 • 970 EVO SSD | Affinity Photo • Designer • Publisher