You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta - 1.6.5.123

On 8/20/2018 at 12:04 AM, Tourmaline said:

First, you're in the wrong forum, this is the Designer beta forum. You should go to the Photo forum.

Second, you can install the final versions as you like. No need to use the beta's where there's a chance of  problems.

The final version and the beta version will install next to eachother, so you can use both as you like.

Did you upgrade your graphics card drivers? I would start with that. And make sure you reboot before you even try to start Affinity Photo.

Thank you for that and apologies for intruding in the wrong forum.
I just purchused the program and installed whatever it was on the website. I don't know if it's the beta or final version. Either way, it won't even start, so there's not much I can do with it.
I wouldn't know how  to upgrade the graphic card drivers. But would that make the program crush while loading or not load at all?

1 hour ago, ValeG said:

Thank you for that and apologies for intruding in the wrong forum.
I just purchused the program and installed whatever it was on the website. I don't know if it's the beta or final version. Either way, it won't even start, so there's not much I can do with it.
I wouldn't know how  to upgrade the graphic card drivers. But would that make the program crush while loading or not load at all?

Is there anything in %APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\CrashReports ? If so, can you attach it to this post?

Possible web bug.

When I launched AD this morning, I got the "there is a new version available" dialog, but clicking the "download" button downloaded the new version of AP instead of AD.

Don't quote me on it. I downloaded the update from the site and installed, so I can't duplicate it :)

2 hours ago, johnhattan said:

Possible web bug.

When I launched AD this morning, I got the "there is a new version available" dialog, but clicking the "download" button downloaded the new version of AP instead of AD.

Don't quote me on it. I downloaded the update from the site and installed, so I can't duplicate it :)

There is an official update to 1.6.5 this morning, is that what you're thinking of?

On 8/15/2018 at 1:48 PM, Aammppaa said:

For the first time ever…

"Setup Failed"

No explanation. Is there an install log somewhere?

Tried reinstalling, and failed a second time.

Ran Designer Beta (to confirm still version 119) - it was.

Quit, and tried install a third time.

"Setup Completed Successfully"

Hmm. Odd.

Also… Please, please, please can the installer show the full build number 1.6.5.xxx?

Perhaps even tell you Current Version > New Version.

Confirm. same Issue here.
Win7 64bit|Xeon W3565|Quadro4000

Hello!

Problems with snapping in this version. When snapping is on, often when I move objects, AD takes a 20 second break and then displays a "Snapping timeout" error.
With bigger drawings, AD hangs like forever and has to be killed in the Task Manager.

Thanks!

I'm not sure this is the right place to discuss this, but since the forum is closed to new entries, here goes.

I have a valid, purchased version of Affinity Designer installed from the store.

In Affinity Publisher, the vector persona depends on Affinity Designer being installed, but it doesn't find the Windows Store install.

I know Windows Store installs are touchy because they install to weird paths, but does that mean Affinity Publisher won't work with store-purchased counterparts?

What's Serif's official word on this, are we better off buying the website version?

Edited by Ssebu
Wrote Designer instead of Publisher

• Staff

@Ssebu

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

2 hours ago, Ssebu said:

In Affinity Designer, the vector persona depends on Affinity Designer being installed

Do you mean "In Affinity Publisher, the vector persona....."? If so the "Compatible" version referred to is a 1.7 or higher build, and those are not available yet, as explained here. We expect the web version and the store versions of 1.7 to both enable that functionality, even though detecting the sandboxed store builds is quite hard (as you say)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 2 weeks later...

Embeded Document can not export with slice any more (win10 64bit 1.6.5.123), hopefully it's just a bug in 1.6.5.123 because it really SCREW UP all my exports!
Now when I need to export pages to my client, I have to rasterize Embedded Document ONE BY ONE in all Artboards!
Please roll back this function to eariler version, if that's a new behavior design for Embeded Document, you better fix Symbol's bug first(auto change to Group) and mention it in update log :(

• Staff

@WaveF

If you want to use 1.6.4 instead the previous versions are available here https://affinity.store/update/windows/designer/1

4 hours ago, WaveF said:

and mention it in update log

Yes that is a fair point, sorry for this regression. I will get something worded and added tomorrow.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No new Designer and Photo Beta in September? :D
That´s ok. I think you are to busy with Publisher :10_wink:
I guess the next Betas of Photo an Designer are 1.7.xxx?

Many greetings
Uwe

Have a nice day.
Ich wünsche einen schönen Tag.

It smells to v. 1.7. Very big gap from 1.6.5.123 (August, 15). Plus, these forums are locked for new threads.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

17 hours ago, Petar Petrenko said:

... these forums are locked for new threads.

Because of this i think that the new Betas will have the new codebase which publisher is using.
Which new codesbase? I had read in a thread that a user asked why publisher starts up much faster than photo and designer and the answer was that publisher uses a new codebase and photo and designer will get this too in 1.7.
So i´m assuming that photo and designer will have it in one of the next betas, maybe already in the next Beta. And then the locking to new threads of the Beta Forums makes sense because there will be no errors from the old codebase and questions or reports for this are not longer needed and unnecessary.

But let us be surprised what´s coming :)

Nice weekend to you all :D

Have a nice day.

1 hour ago, Uwe367 said:

Because of this i think that the new Betas will have the new codebase which publisher is using.
Which new codesbase? I had read in a thread that a user asked why publisher starts up much faster than photo and designer and the answer was that publisher uses a new codebase and photo and designer will get this too in 1.7.
So i´m assuming that photo and designer will have it in one of the next betas, maybe already in the next Beta. And then the locking to new threads of the Beta Forums makes sense because there will be no errors from the old codebase and questions or reports for this are not longer needed and unnecessary.

But let us be surprised what´s coming :)

Nice weekend to you all :D

Well, the goal of every developer is to make its software as fast and stable as possible so it is not a surprise that A-team is doing that. Will it involve some optimization of the code or they will have to rewrite some parts of it, it is up to them to choose the best. With upcoming v. 1.7 (or 1.# if they add a lot of features) those two icons in Publisher for Photo and Designer will become active and bring us more flexibility using the Affinity Holly Trio. :)

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

5 hours ago, Uwe367 said:

...publisher starts up much faster than photo and designer...

Really? On my Win10 machine it's almost the same (about 8 sec cold start).

The main difference is, that APub preloads now the app frame. It "feels" and looks like faster, but overall it's the same. Nevertheless I appreciate the new start up.

Here Publisher is ready in about half the time needed for Designer and Photo. One of the big difference is the time "Loading fonts". Maybe the difference is less if you don't have many fonts installed.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

7 hours ago, Petar Petrenko said:

Well, the goal of every developer is to make its software as fast and stable as possible so it is not a surprise that A-team is doing that.

Yes, there you are right. Stability, speed and reliability are not a surprise. Thats the goal of devlopers and the dev-team of affinity is working very good.
With "let us be surprised....." i meaned ohter things like extensions, additions and what the future brings. I´m looking forward to this :)

Have a nice day.

• 3 weeks later...

This is just a minor complain, but do you guys have the same issue with scrolling the pages menu and scrolling in general.

It is just super slow(like 1 line at a time in terms of win 10 mouse settings). Not even my mouse settings changed it and I cant find any setting in publisher either if there is any that is.

When you have several pages in work and gotta navigate the slow speed gets really annyoing

Am I the only one?

On 10/28/2018 at 12:53 PM, Grauzorn said:

This is just a minor complain, but do you guys have the same issue with scrolling the pages menu and scrolling in general.

It is just super slow(like 1 line at a time in terms of win 10 mouse settings). Not even my mouse settings changed it and I cant find any setting in publisher either if there is any that is.

When you have several pages in work and gotta navigate the slow speed gets really annyoing

Am I the only one?

Hi @Grauzorn,

for some reason you posted in the Affinity Designer forum :)

Maybe you should post again in the Affinity Publisher forum over there.
BTW, I have no problems scrolling in the pages panel or anywhere else.

Cheers,
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

On 10/28/2018 at 12:53 PM, Grauzorn said:

Am I the only one?

No you are not ^^

System                                                              Notebook Lenovo P50

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3900x                              CPU: Intel i7-6700HQ

RAM: 64 GB                                                   RAM: 32 GB

GPU: RTX 3080 TI                                         GPU: NVIDIA Quadro M2000M 4 GB

SSD: Samsung 980 PRO 1 TB                       SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 500GB

OS: Windows 11 Edu x64                               OS: Windows 10 x64

TFT: 1 x Samsung C49RG94SSU                  TFT: 2 x Lenovo

• 3 weeks later...