You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.6.5.123

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Stability
Requirements: A valid product key (for Affinity Store purchases), or an installation of the full retail version from the Microsoft Store

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• Fixed Document Setup dialog failing to show correct Height and Width values when switching between portrait modes

• Fixed incorrect colour from CMYK waterfall model

• Added check for disabled .NET 3.5 during installation 

• Fixed Info panel not showing W, H and D information in document units 

• Fixed being unable to select layers whilst recording Macros 

• Fixed crash caused by Shift clicking to select slices

• Added save and load of Twirl settings 

• Added Twirl to radial controller

• Added Blend Modes to radial controller

• Fixed Global Opacity on radial controller

• Fixed History on radial controller

• Fixed PDF import crash when a soft mask doesn't load

• Fixed PDF Import hang

• Fixed resized floating panel not sticking when swapping to a different panel 

• Fixes included in the 1.6.5.119 customer beta 

Hello Mark,

Thanks for the new beta,  upload and installation went without problems.

Cheers

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3296)

Thank you for the new Beta. Installation went without Problems and up to now everythings works well.
And i have a feeling that the performance (explicit speed to load NEF-files) has improved a bit again. Could that be?
Great job guys :)

Have a nice day.
Ich wünsche einen schönen Tag.

Hi,

installation went smoothly.

The issue I mentioned in the previous beta is still there (understandable, since I found it yesterday). Open a file, go to export persona, close the file, colour selector will look as if it's from AD not AP.

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night, and I work all day..."

Thanks for this Mark. The PDF aspect is of particular interest to me

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

4 minutes ago, affwin said:

Hi, with me the new beta. 123 is displayed as a spreadsheet and does not start.

Have you tried redoing the download?

(Also, if you look at the file properties, what is the file extension? It should be .exe, but as you have them hidden we can't tell from that screenshot.)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hi Walt, no .exe but open table client with openoffice. see hardcopy.
Download has already been done several times.
Greetings Dieter

still 3x download and now is ok at once.
Thanks Dieter

Germany, Affinity Photo WIN 1.7 , LR6, WIN10

16 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Stability
Requirements: A valid product key (for Affinity Store purchases), or an installation of the full retail version from the Microsoft Store

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• Fixed Document Setup dialog failing to show correct Height and Width values when switching between portrait modes

• Fixed incorrect colour from CMYK waterfall model

• Added check for disabled .NET 3.5 during installation 

• Fixed Info panel not showing W, H and D information in document units 

• Fixed being unable to select layers whilst recording Macros 

• Fixed crash caused by Shift clicking to select slices

• Added save and load of Twirl settings 

• Added Twirl to radial controller

• Added Blend Modes to radial controller

• Fixed Global Opacity on radial controller

• Fixed History on radial controller

• Fixed PDF import crash when a soft mask doesn't load

• Fixed PDF Import hang

• Fixed resized floating panel not sticking when swapping to a different panel 

• Fixes included in the 1.6.5.119 customer beta 

On my side download was good (no stop or failure and no bad extension) but i found installation of Beta 123 went a bit slow but i think it's due to O.S resuming from sleep or maybe because it was updating the already installed beta 119.

Launch took a bit of time too (i think i need to clean my system cache).
Now the snap options keep the last state, yes ! beta 119 was switching all 3 snap OFF on software reopening; but now it's okay (just keeps the last state i used).
Selection Brush tool is still beating the Flood selection tool which still need to be improved and work as expected (aka work like PS Magic wand !!! not sure here but ...)
Colors seems to be well managed on photo opening; the same photo i opened and worked on with 119 now is displaying nice colors and temperature too, making it better already and candidate for less trick that we tends to use for making photos much better.

The other things i will check on while processing the project i'm thinking about starting in few days and revert here (if i remember to do so !)

Thank you Serif, thank you @Mark Ingram @Patrick Connor and the entire Photo team for this other nice job !

Blessings !

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

I try to download it since yesterday... it is very very slow and needs a day, but my dsl is working well. Are your servers to busy right now? 

//Edit: 2nd time, I got a network failure back from the server right now :/

2 minutes ago, Hofnaar said:

what does this mean "ISP issue"??? O.o

Internet Service Provider

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

5 minutes ago, Hofnaar said:

Like I said, the whole dsl connection works fine here, incl. youtube, facebook, amazon as well ;) 

Those services use edge providers to place the content close to where you live (e.g. the content will be mirrored to servers close to your location). We host the files on Amazon AWS, but only located on the east coast of USA (Virginia). If you're having a problem with the download, it won't be a problem with Amazon AWS, it will be with your ISP trying to reach the content in the USA.

Great!

I can see noticeable speedup for Magic Wand selection, I 'd kindly insist on keeping on speeding it up ))

What about trimming/cropping like PS does? What about possible scripting (JavaScript, Python?) feature?

I rarely even touch AI now because I prefer AFD without a question, want to achieve same for PS and AFPh...and Indd/AFP 

Thank you guys, kindly request some more ))

cheers,

AF Photo+Designer+Publisher and their betas on Win10 x64/Gtx760+AmdFX+24GB RAM

19 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

Those services use edge providers to place the content close to where you live (e.g. the content will be mirrored to servers close to your location). We host the files on Amazon AWS, but only located on the east coast of USA (Virginia). If you're having a problem with the download, it won't be a problem with Amazon AWS, it will be with your ISP trying to reach the content in the USA.

I had nothing of this problems before. Are the downloads new to this Amazon AWS?

image.png.403a39fdee1006e9460a58e5ae55f245.png

I was able to see two options in the EDIT>PREFERENCE>Grayscale color Profile. One is Generic gray gamma 2.2 profile  and the other GreyscaleD50. After some edits, the file

was saved in .afphoto format. When I open the file again after exiting, the above two options are still available. However, for all new files, I am able

to see only one option which is Greyscale D50. Without opening any file also, now only one option is seen in EDIT>PREFERENCE>Grayscale Color Profile.

I opened the same saved .afphoto file in the stable purchased version 1.6.4.104. In that also, two options are coming . However, I have never seen two

options in the purchased version and tried with multiple RAW files but only one option is seen.

Thought of giving this feedback.

On 8/15/2018 at 4:09 PM, walt.farrell said:

Have you tried redoing the download?

(Also, if you look at the file properties, what is the file extension? It should be .exe, but as you have them hidden we can't tell from that screenshot.)

There are some hints of wich to use. If it states "anwendung" then it's an exe file. He got more then one in that folder also different version numbers.

He might have accidently coupled an affinity Photo file to excel? So excel will try to open that file ?

If he clicked open with in Windows(10) and coupled excel then that program will try to open that file.

Two Three bugs with paint mixer brush.

1. Go to paint mixer brush

2. Select "transparent" with the small button in Swatches Studio.

a) go back to normal brush, you will; see white colour in swatches but it's actually transparent.

OR

b) add fill layer, it will be filled with transparent but the bar on top will show some colour (white in swatches, grayish if you open the color selector in the top bar)

------------

Create a fill layer, if you use the colour mixer brush you can see it's generating history events (and using CPU cycles heavily) but there is no effect.

Either show a info about this or rasterize via assistant.

I also got one more, but I forgot It. I'll add later.

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night, and I work all day..."

• 2 months later...