You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Using product code to upload Affinity Designer from MS Store

Hi,

I have a product code for Affinity Designer which I purchased from Affinity website.

I now have a new device which is locked in Windows Home S mode which I want to keep in this mode.

I would like to install Affinity to this additional device, the problem is that all applications in Windows S mode need to be installed through Microsoft Store.

I find the application there but cannot redeem the product code because it has a different format - the code I was provided is 16 digits while MS Store code needs to have 25 digits in it.

Is it possible to install Affinity Designer in Windows S mode using the product code I was provided? How it can be translated into MS Store code?

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @galaxy. :)

Microsoft Store codes/vouchers are only for making purchases, not for validating purchased apps. A purchase from the Affinity Store requires a product key for installation, but a purchase from the Microsoft Store doesn’t need this because it’s tied to your Microsoft account.

Unfortunately, there’s no way to swap between the different licence types since the two vendors (Serif and Microsoft) don’t share individual customer data.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

As Alfred mentioned, unfortunately we can't transfer orders placed with us across to the Microsoft Store or vice versa. If you are using Windows S then you are limited to only buying apps via Microsoft.

If you are still within your 14 day money back guarantee, please contact our returns team by emailing affinityreturns@serif.com