You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Logo Clean, reworked in AD then Animated in Apple Motion

ronniemcbride

Original logo sent to me by my client. My clients agency did the original logo design in illustrator.

slice1.jpg

Logo look was reworked by me in Affinity AD, but Staying close to what the original design was intended to communicate.

Strong-_AD-logo-Design.jpg

10 second outro animation created in Apple Motion

Strong-_Motion_logo-animation.jpg

I will post the actually 10 second outro animation when I finally approved. I just wanted those of you who may wonder if you can create assets in AD to be exported and animated in other products. This was a question I received in a post on youtube.

UPDATE:

Here is the final 10s animation

Nice work again, Ronnie! No video on this one? ;) I did notice that the logo lost some pop (contrast against similar value of blue bg) when you went to a darker grey... Curious why you chose to do that?

Looking forward to the final clip!

Apple's Motion is another example of an AWESOME UI, wouldn't you say? So powerful on so many levels...

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

Thanks ronnyb! Yah, so I went to the darker gray for multiple reasons, in the original logo the text was all one tone of light grey. which is fine in a 2d but it felt too flat to look 3d, It was one dimensional and I felt did not give the typography any sort  interest for animation, that is just my personal feeling  Second, I have quite a bit of grayish silver in the scene. Gray is a neutral color. I did not want to deviate too much from the original art so making it any other hue would not pass. Third, The client wanted more emphasis on the word strong. It might not pop for you in this screenshot, but I think once you pull it out of the editor which is all dark gray and  you just left with the image that in 1920  x1080HD  resolution it will stand out more so than it may appear here. the animation is only 10s it only going to be used at the end of a video presentation as an outro or a closer.

I still feel like I can refine this a bit, but the client happy. This just a 10 second closing animation to incorporate at the end of  all their video presentations for this year.

Nice. It's hard to let go of a project. A bit like a being a surrogate mum. It's not your baby, even if you did the hard work :huh:. That's why they pay you for your efforts.

The fact that you want to tinker it again means you enjoyed the commission.

Sometimes a logo has 5 or 6 variants (Facebook for example), all with the key ID markers: font, colour, size, background, border and outline etc. Each is the same, but subtlety different.

So why not create/tweak the next generations and stock pile them, until the client wants the next season's logo?

Strike whilst the iron's hot

facebooks logo

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

Good Idea Peter, but I am already onto the next animation for them, then I have some other work to do for another client, then I got to work on some training, then I have to work on a bid for another project and sample composite, then create some videos for my youtube, etc. In theory, I would like to but, man there just not enough hours in a day lol!

Nice work Ronnie...

I still feel like I can refine this a bit, but the client happy. This just a 10 second closing animation to incorporate at the end of  all their video presentations for this year.

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

The logo looks good, nice and sharp too, Interesting to read about Apple Motion - and about the difficulty of letting go of a commission! 

MacBook Pro 11,2,  Intel i7 4 core, 8Gb RAM, Graphics Intel Iris Pro.

iPad Pro 11.4,  256Gb, 10.5 Retina, A10X Fusion chip, Apple pencil

Desktop upgraded to Win10 64-bit, Intel i5 quad core, 8Gb RAM, NVIDIA GefORCE GT730

The Win-10 laptop is on permanent loan to my daughter......

My Flickr Album

Thx Sunset. You can't get too attached to any project that not yours. If it was a project that I created for myself that they wanted  to purchase that be a different case. They hired my services. Don't get me wrong I fight the fights that are worth fighting, but sometimes you have to let something go for the greater good. Working with a client is just that working with them. I look at a job like a lady I just ask to dance. I don't out dance her, I dance with her. Know when to lead and know when to follow and always make her look good while doing it ;)  That my life lesson for the young kids reading this thread. Ok back to pushing pixels and vectors.  :P

• 2 months later...

here a little update. So if you remember this logo illustration and motion animation I did a while back for Brother International. Well they loved the graphic so much they now have printed the logo I refreshed and now place it on all their new garment printing machines of this year. I supplied them with an eps file straight from Affinity Designer. you can view they also, have included an altered version of the bumper animation I created for them to the end of their new videos on youtube. 

Check out the video here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN9-FXQRNKc the sticker can be viewed at the 42-second mark! 

So, don't let anyone tell you can't do professional work with Affinity Designer! It is a great app and getting even better every day!

Monsieur Peter! Good to see ya up in here! I smiling all the time. I have been busy as all hell wit ha new client, but they can't wipe the smile off this face! lol