You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Vector brush are not supported when converted to .eps

Hello, I bought the Affinity designer for Ipad, I make illustrations for the photobank. I did some strokes with a vector brush in Affinity on Ipad, but when converting to EPS and editing in Illustrator on my computer - the strokes change and do not have the values they had in the designer affinity, can you solve it somehow?  I attach files as you wish in .png preview, before and afterr the export.

Best regards Marie

1.afdesign

1.eps

1.PNG

IMG_0656.JPG

• Staff

You'll need to use a pure vector brush and not one based on a rasterised image being stretched along a path. When a brush is selected, on the Context toolbar check the More option to see if it shows the sample it's using the create the brush.

I used a vector brush and during export when selecting export option to .eps when selecting RASTERIZE = NOTHING it was deformed. So when I chose the option RASTERIZE = UNSUPORTED PROPERTIES to convert bitmap pull (which can be seen in your picture above, how are you the white margins around the stroke indicate that it was converted to a raster). In short, I wonder if I can convert my strokes to .eps so they remain vectorized and do not simplify, and they do not convert to raster. So that the graphics can be used as a .eps vector without a bitmap and dropped as in Affinity on Ipad.