You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problems,Vector File after erase some Parts

Hello, I have a  problem. I create a Vector Image SVG. It is freestanding with no background, for t-shirt printing. Finally, I want the image to look destroyed. I'll erase multiple parts, or put a Destroy Overlay on it and put it on an erase in Affinity Designer. No matter how I save it, it is then a pixel file. It is not a pure vector file anymore. Saved as SVG, the image is no longer freestanding and has a background, and saved as a PDF, it does not work either and its a Pixelfile or some Parts. What can this be? Without erase something it will be a Vectorfile. But I need the Destroy look  and want that all erased parts are the  the Shirt. Sorry for a bad school English and thank you

• Staff

Hi Pontiac 1960,

You could use the vector brush combine with the Erase blend mode to remove parts of your vector drawings but unfortunately there would be no other way to go about this without rasterising your image. 

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Here I show you only an Example.....I can't erase some Curves too. If I erase it (radieren) it will rasterize the Image. I want to erase the 3 . if I do that with Erase(radieren) in the right Area . AD will rasterize the Image.But its a Curve. ..... 

Bildschirmfoto 2018-08-14 um 12.22.01.png

49 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

Why can’t you simply delete the ‘3’ layer? :/

I would that the black is not printed on Shirt. I want that The Color of the Shirt himself  replaced the Black Images.Hope you Understand. And After this I want a destroy look with erased Areas.The First Pic is with the Destroying Layer it erased some Parts. The second is only a Example too . there are some Curves erased and only the color of the shirt should replace that.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-08-14 um 13.16.36.png

Bildschirmfoto 2018-08-14 um 13.21.35.png

12 minutes ago, haakoo said:

@CallumThere doesn't seem to be an erase blend option in the topbar for the vectorbrush,it's only in the layer blend options?
Because there are two options it conflicts and make the layer blend option unusable.
Meaning the top blend options overrules the layer blend options

Yes im working with the Layer Options "Radieren" = Erase

Bildschirmfoto 2018-08-14 um 13.33.00.png

15 minutes ago, haakoo said:

Radieren ist in den layer options aber es ist nicht in dem brush options

Layer = Ebene

Brush = Pinsel

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

48 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

Layer = Ebene

Brush = Pinsel

Thats Right :-) In the Layer I can erase Curves . That s not the Problem. The Problem is...After I erase , I don't have a Vector because AD rasterized it and I have a raster Pic.  In Brush I can't erase!

I think you have already given me the solution. I'm just too stupid to understand that. Or my English is not good enough. I erase the layer and became a rasterized Picture not a Vector! Sorry that I did not understand it yet. Thank you for your effort

Bildschirmfoto 2018-08-14 um 15.05.21.png

2 hours ago, haakoo said:

But don't you think this is a bug?

If in your screenshot you are certain you have scrolled to the bottom of the available vector brush blend modes then it is a bug in the Windows version because this is what the full list looks like on the Mac version of Affinity Designer:

1541671865_brushblendmodeMac.jpg.c53df909795de11de213ed85408e5a5a.jpg

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

In my AD on Windows dropdown list for the Vector Brush Tool blend modes, I have a gap at the bottom where ‘Erase’ should be.

AD_Vector-Brush_Blend-Mode.png

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

5 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

In my AD on Windows dropdown list for the Vector Brush Tool blend modes, I have a gap at the bottom where ‘Erase’ should be.

So it has been ... erased? :35_thinking:

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

41 minutes ago, haakoo said:

@R C-R yes in windows the brush blend options stops at contrast negate.

9 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

AD_Vector-Brush_Blend-Mode.png

Don't be too worried that you're missing out on something.

It doesn't do anything on the MAC when selected anyway. AFAICT. :|