Hey all-

I am an avid Plugin user within my artwork as well as a custom photoshop brush creator and user. My questions pertain to the use of 3rd party plugins within the Affinity applications. Not only do I use every plugin from NiK, I also use every plugin from KPT and AutoFX. Creating and exporting presets for others to use and download. I likewise do so for .abr brush presets within Photoshop 7-CS5 and Elements. I also create custom nibs within Photo-paint and older Coreldraw Essentials applications. Are these plugins compatible within the Affinity applications? I also use a whole host of other 3rd party freebie plugins to include Greg's pool shadow filter and namesupressed's softener plugin. Do any of you have these plugins installed within the Affinity applications? I am searching for a new host program other than Adobe's crappy rental software and the cloud based rental fee. I am also curious if Affinity will be reliable on the new Mac OS Mojave when it is released?

IMG_0743.jpg

4 hours ago, Callum said:

The apps will be compatible with Mojave

To avoid confusion, I think you should point out that it is only the one app (Photo) that is compatible with the Plug-ins.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and Designer 1.6.5.123, (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Will Affinity photo continue to develop Photo to allow for more plugin filters? I see Mac is really limited to what is compatible.

If you have 32 bit plugins this may help you if they do NOT work directly in Affinity Photo https://www.mediachance.com/pluginbridge/

It acts a s a container, I tested it and a it works well inside Affinity Photo ....

Also tested this useful plug-in  which I bought a few years ago and it seems to work:  https://www.prodigitalsoftware.com/StarFilterPro4.html

On 8/14/2018 at 1:45 PM, John Rostron said:

To avoid confusion, I think you should point out that it is only the one app (Photo) that is compatible with the Plug-ins.

John

Yes, but I think it would very, very, very, very nice to have the Photoshop plug-in compatibility for Designer to save switching between apps :)