Jim Gosselin

Selection brush and gradient lag

I have the trial installed on my Lenovo Ideapad 500 and am seeing a significant lag when using the selection brush tool.  I have 16GB RAM but an AMD A10 processor so not sure if that’s the reason. Is there a better setting I should have somewhere? I also notice it’s hard to use the gradient tool due to lag as well. Just curious if I’m the only one wi5 this problem before I go and buy the software. 

Hi Jim, welcome to the Affinity Forums.

There shouldn't be a general issue with either the Selection Brush Tool or the Gradient Tool. Can you give us some information about the size and type of document you are currently working with? Things like resolution/dpi etc. will help. 

Can you also check what settings you have in Preferences > Performance? Particularly what you have set for View Quality and Renderer.

Cheers :) 

I wish I could My trial version expired.  I can't get back into the app to see any settings. I was just trying it on a .NEF Nikon RAW file I developed.  It would to in in both the develop and photo personna if I remember correctly.  However, I didn't go and change anything in the preferences. As for my laptop, I am running the latest Windows 10 and the resolution of y screen  1920x1080 with the size at the recommended 125% for scaleing.  I saw on anther post that the DPI scaling could cause some issues and was going to try t change that  to see if it helped. Is there a way to get another trial period, as I don't want to buy if my computer isn't up to speed.