You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Add curve nodes with snaps

I’m looking for a way to add new points in a curve by snapping to other points/objects on the iPad. In this case there are two curves with the endpoints snapped on the red stroke; I need to put two points on that curve exactly over the two endpoints, so then I could split the line into three pieces. On desktop this should be quite easy since you can move the cursor first, snap it and then put the point. Of course I want to preserve the current curvature of the stroke, so adding a point and then moving it to its destinations it’s not the right solution.

77D28FC5-3F01-49FE-93D2-EE91748B13F5.jpeg

• Staff

Hi FedeG26 :)

There's no current option to add a new node under another, even if they are 2 separate curves. I'd recommend using the workaround given in the second half of this post for the time being, as zooming in and adding a new node is your best option. Technically you may alter the curve ever so slightly, but at a far enough zoom level this should not affect your overall design.

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)