You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi MrWorldFAMOUS,

Welcome to the forums :)

You can check your version number anytime by using Help>About...

Our current version numbers by platform can be checked here.

There is no current manual Check for Updates option, but each time you start Affinity the software will automatically check if a newer version is available. If there is an update available a pop-up panel will show allowing you to download and install the update. Hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 9 months later...
On 8/13/2018 at 5:26 PM, Dan C said:

Hi MrWorldFAMOUS,

You can check your version number anytime by using Help>About...

Our current version numbers by platform can be checked here.

There is no current manual Check for Updates option, but each time you start Affinity the software will automatically check if a newer version is available. If there is an update available a pop-up panel will show allowing you to download and install the update. Hope this helps!

Tried this today. Affinity Photo (1.6.7) did not announce that 1.7 was available. The version check link is dead.

• Staff

Hi Lutz Pietschker :)

Are you using Windows or Mac please? Was the app purchased from the Affinity Store, the Windows App Store or the Apple App Store?

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

Thanks for that, please open the App Store and navigate to the 'Updates' tab. If you can't yet see the update please press CMD + R to refresh the page. Please note certain regions may take longer to update on the App Store and this is down to Apples deployment and therefore is out of our hands, if the update is not yet showing for you then please wait a short while before retrying :)

Please note -

Many thanks!

• Staff

Absolutely, I'll sort that now!

Please note -

Many thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

Hi BiligaanaT,

Could you please email affinitysupport@serif.com so we can get this resolved for you? Many thanks in advance!

Please note -

Many thanks!

Hey Dan,

Actually, I just went to my Affinity account, downloaded 1.7 and installed. the newer version. The only issue I have with that is I have to enter the product key in for every seat (30 computers). A little annoying but not frustratingly so. Last time I asked I was told there is no other way to install licenses without having to enter the product key. Is that still the case?

• Staff

Glad to hear you've since resolved this :)

13 hours ago, BiligaanaT said:

Last time I asked I was told there is no other way to install licenses without having to enter the product key. Is that still the case?

We've since developed a way to silently install for Mac - including the product keys. Next time you're looking to update, drop us a quick email and we can walk through this with you!

Please note -

Many thanks!

• 1 year later...
7 minutes ago, ziplock9000 said:

Any chance of the About window checking for any updates? It's quite a common thing for apps to do this these days.

It does on Mac, when you've purchased directly from Serif.

It does not on Windows, but for purchases from Serif the check is made automatically each time you start the program. If you'd like to request a change, you can post in the Feedback (Feature Requests) forum, or agree with an existing request there.

Additionally, you can subscribe to notifications here in the forums to:

• this topic to know when a new retail release is available for Windows or Mac;
  • this topic to know when a new beta release is available for Windows, or this one for Mac beta releases, or this one for iPad beta releases.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

2 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

It does on Mac, when you've purchased directly from Serif.

No, it is in the Menu just under the About... menu item, not the actual window.

940405266_ScreenShot2020-12-30at6_59_41AM.png.061cd1fcc769458343293b05c5e78b94.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.