You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi I bought Affinity photo on the 5th august, having never used editing software before I have been watching the getting started videos, my version however looks a little different to that in the tutorial video ie I don't have an infill brush and the menu at the top seems to have items missing. Also the free macro pack refuses to open, so I cant even begin to look at what that does.

My pack was purchased from your official site, have I got the up to date version, any suggestions please as I cannot use it if the video shows a different version or i have features missing.

Are you sure you bought Affinity Photo & not Affinity Designer?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

36 minutes ago, Nick Humphrey said:

would it be worth trying to download again?

No!

Photo has Personas, not all tools show in all Personas. In addition, the Context Toolbar changes, depending on what tool you have selected, so what you saw in the video may not be what you actually get unless you have the same tool selected.

In fact, it is also possible to customise the Toolbar by adding or removing tools. Bear in mind too that many of the videos are a few years old, or created on a Macintosh.

Don’t expect your version to look exactly the same as anybody else’s!

You do have the latest version BTW.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

1 hour ago, Nick Humphrey said:

Also the free macro pack refuses to open, so I cant even begin to look at what that does.

How are you trying to open it? Did you start by extracting the contents of the zip archive that you downloaded?

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Just now, αℓƒяє∂ said:

How are you trying to open it? Did you start by extracting the contents of the zip archive that you downloaded?

As an older generation I guess not as I don't even know what you mean! :D Although I did see something about extract and thought I had done that.

• Staff
11 minutes ago, toltec said:

Don’t expect your version to look exactly the same as anybody else’s!

2 hours ago, Nick Humphrey said:

my version however looks a little different to that in the tutorial video

Hi Nick Humphrey,
Welcome to the forums :)

Our tutorial videos were all made on the Mac version of our software so you may see a few differences in UI, however all tools should be present in each version. If you're still struggling to find specific tools or settings then you can check the help files or post again here! 

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

8 minutes ago, Nick Humphrey said:

As an older generation I guess not as I don't even know what you mean! :D

None of us are getting any younger, Nick! ;)

Although I did see something about extract and thought I had done that.

You may well have done. When you open the containing folder in an Explorer window, does the file have a .afmacros filename extension?

Alfred spacer.png

42 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Hi Nick Humphrey,
Welcome to the forums :)

Our tutorial videos were all made on the Mac version of our software so you may see a few differences in UI, however all tools should be present in each version. If you're still struggling to find specific tools or settings then you can check the help files or post again here! 

Thanks, I won't give up yet!

19 minutes ago, Nick Humphrey said:

Yes I have 4 the last one being a PDF quick start guide that tells me to go to view menu then studio then library, simple yeah! only I don't have a studio when I go into the view menu! :$

Alfred spacer.png

41 minutes ago, Nick Humphrey said:

Yes I got that bit, but no studio or library in my view menu, so I can't go any further than view! :(

That’s very odd, Nick! The entries are in alphabetical order, so ‘Studio’ should be under S. Can you post a partial screenshot of your View menu?

Alfred spacer.png

HielloNick Humphrey,

Go to the menu bar
view
Studio
by set the hooks, the panels become in the working area visible or not visible.

Cheers

Studio.thumb.png.a259c7631d756872b5017ead50297e62.png

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3447)

11 minutes ago, Wosven said:

For english users only.  They aren't sorted for other languages, and sometimes it take longer to find an entry in the studio menu.

That’s true. I forgot about this important detail: they really ought to fix it! Having said that, I assume @Nick Humphrey is using English as the interface language.

Alfred spacer.png