You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm working from Lr5 and  wondering about the "right'' way of progressive saving while working in Affinity 
Atm I'm using 'export' [Ctrl+shift+Alt+s] for progressive saving --- anything wrong with doing only that?
Is there any short or long term benefit saving as an Affinity file; that no other program can read ? I realize it's a faster way than exporting .
Once the file has been saved as a PSD with layers; is there any need to keep the Affinity file with layers also ?

Cheers

• Staff

Hi ianrb :)

There's no right or wrong answer here, it comes down to personal preference. We always recommend saving your Affinity files in the propriety format as these are guaranteed to hold all of your document information correctly, there should be no issue with always exporting files as PSD buy your layer integrity cannot always be guaranteed.

The long term benefit is that our files are compatible across all of our apps, so should you ever purchase Designer and wish to open a Photo file for vector editing, your Affinity document will be preserved and exactly the same as if you had opened it in Photo.

However in terms of using Affinity files with Lightroom, I understand there are issues here and the files aren't as universal as PSD, there are a few other users on our forum who have discussed this previously, along with other options, in this thread: 

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!