gabemurk

designer brush lag

https://youtu.be/k38SkN5BcTA

when using the vector brush it lags for a good few seconds behind what i am actually doing i have rest affinity designer and uninstalled and reinstalled and even tried the beta and it still lags

Hi Gabemurk,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums. We've seen this happen once in the office, but have not been able to reproduce it on any other machines. When it did happen a reboot solved it.

As clichéd as it sounds, have you tried rebooting your machine?

On 8/13/2018 at 12:56 PM, Sean P said:

Hi Gabemurk,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums. We've seen this happen once in the office, but have not been able to reproduce it on any other machines. When it did happen a reboot solved it.

As clichéd as it sounds, have you tried rebooting your machine?

Hi, I'm facing same lag issues with A Designer. I'll try to explain how and when it happens after a clean install.

System specs: Surface Book 2 i7, 16Gb RAM, Nvidia drivers updated.

Running A Designer 1.6.5.123 - Make new document (Print, DIN A3, 300 ppp RGB) - Select vectorial brush - Brush type water or any with an image - Zoom in the document (150% or 200%) 

Start drawing with the surface pen and after a long stroke you I'm starting to get lag, I can see the line getting slower and slower.

Any solutions?

From what I've noticed is that drawing long strokes means bad lag, the longer the stroke the more lag you get. This has to do (I think) witht the fact that the stroke is being processed after you release the pen/mouse, to smooth it/ recalculate the curve. So it builds up in memory or something, and makes it really impossible to draw complex curves in one stroke. Not sure if it's your exact problem btw, but I suspect it is related.