ktbundy

Freezing and not saving when switching between pixel and vector persona

Hey guys,

I love the app and have used it on several things, however, in my last project I've been switching a lot between the pixel and vector persona. As I've done this the app has become very glitchy. As I try to use the move tool often my images become distorted and have major lag. Now its also not saving any of my progress. Even when I try to "create a copy" and save it to google drive. Please help! I'm loving the app but losing work and not being able to work is so frustrating! I've attached my project. Hopefully it'll help! 

Garden2.afdesign

Having the same trouble in respect that I am getting lag when trying to move and saving takes forever , perhaps it’s a memory thing , too much info to move or save , hmmm

Hey ktbundy,

I can reproduce this is I change persona whilst painting on the canvas but only on the document you attached. Perhaps you're getting some lag and switching whilst the app is still drawing your stroke? Other than that, the document seems fine and happily switches personas if I'm not intentionally trying to crash it.

Hey, thanks for your reply! I apologize, I didn’t explain very well. My problem is that when I am using pixel and vector persona on one project it causes the app to majorly lag, and take forever to save. In that my ipad will go dark befor it saves and I’ve lost much of my work when I try to go back in.  I hope that better explains! 

Hm, I've seen a few reports of serious lag when using the Corner Tool excessively. Is this something you've used a lot? I've had a quick scan of your document and can't see any but there are a lot of objects when they are all enabled so I might have missed it. 

I assume a new file works without any issues?

Try copy and pasting all the objects to a new document (or just the ones you need) and see if that helps. You can also try exporting it as a PDF and import it again. Just make sure you do it on a copy of the file. 

If I could reproduce it we'd be able to get an idea of what we need to do to prevent this in the future...

@ktbundy Just out of question , which iPad do you have ? 

when the problem occurred on my iPad Pro 1st gen .  I copied and pasted into a new document and still had the lag , although I didn’t try Chris B exporting to pdf .

I ended up starting a fresh . Interested to know if lag still happens to you . .

As @ktbundy In the last hour I had 3 freezes and app crashes when using the move tool on a simple curve, it was a file in which there was only like 15 curves, nothing fancy.

Selected a curve, duplicated it, mirrored it, move it, iPad (2018) became very slow, switch to pen, tracing = very laggy, like lacking memory --> crash, nothing saved, 3 times in a row on the same sequence.