Sign in to follow this  
retrograde

Close curve while using pencil tool

@MEB I did a search but couldn't find anything... is it possible to close a curve when drawing a curve with the pencil tool. In illustrator holding down the option key works. Anything in designer like that?

Currently I'm drawing the curve, then I select the last node and snap it to the first node to close it. This is a step I don't want to have to do over the course of possibly hundreds of curves.

There is no modifier key to close the pencil tool stroke, it behaves the same as a brush and you would have to manually close the loop.

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Designer (ADe) Tutorials - Affinity Photo (APh) Tutorials Instagram & Flickr

12 hours ago, firstdefence said:

There is no modifier key to close the pencil tool stroke, it behaves the same as a brush and you would have to manually close the loop.

ah crap... off to the requests thread I go.