You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Why Affinity Designer & Photo is showing different colour hue?

I am discussing a colour shift issue on a jpeg/png file. I have even updated the OS and reinstalled the software. Sadly, nothing is working. Also, First time in my career of 15 years facing an issue of this kind. I'm kind of helpless here. Let me know you have some workaround to fix this. Or else, we can close this thread here :)

KK

• Staff
9 minutes ago, kkiamhere said:

I am discussing a colour shift issue on a jpeg/png file

The screenshot you attached earlier is clearly from a RAW file - Nikon D3100. Also, the tiff you have uploaded to Dropbox has got no colour profile assigned to it and it does not open correctly. You would need to zip the file you originally had issues with (the one with the potatoes on the plate - with no alterations made to it) and upload it on our dropbox. Otherwise, I'm afraid we cannot help. Most likely it's a colour profile issue as in your second screenshot you're using Display P3 as the profile. Have you got a monitor that can fully display P3? 

4 minutes ago, GabrielM said:

The screenshot you attached earlier is clearly from a RAW file - Nikon D3100. Also, the tiff you have uploaded to Dropbox has got no colour profile assigned to it and it does not open correctly. You would need to zip the file you originally had issues with (the one with the potatoes on the plate - with no alterations made to it) and upload it on our dropbox. Otherwise, I'm afraid we cannot help. Most likely it's a colour profile issue as in your second screenshot you're using Display P3 as the profile. Have you got a monitor that can fully display P3? 

It is not a raw file. It is a screenshot. Even though I have uploaded that to drive.

On 8/10/2018 at 9:14 PM, owenr said:

No, the second screenshot does not suggest "Display P3" profile. When Affinity says the document profile is "Display" (without " P3") it means the current display profile of the computer, regardless of that profile's actual name. So, unless a computer has been wrongly set up to use "Display P3" (which is a document/image profile, not a hardware profile) for its display, "Display" is not "Display P3".

The system display profile would normally be an odd choice for a document profile, but it is the correct profile for a screenshot to have.

Krishnakumar normally uses "Color LCD" for the system display profile. He tried following the bad advice to set it to sRGB, but that did not solve the problem, of course.

Can please advise a solution???

• Staff

We could not replicate this issue. Any chance you could do a screen recording with all the steps you take, including the method you use to take the screenshot? We could try to replicate it if we've got your step-by-step video. 

39 minutes ago, GabrielM said:

We could not replicate this issue. Any chance you could do a screen recording with all the steps you take, including the method you use to take the screenshot? We could try to replicate it if we've got your step-by-step video. 

Hi Gabriel,

I have uploaded a video of the process to the dropbox link which you shared earlier. Please check it.

Regards,

Krishnakumar

• Staff

Thank you for your patience. 

As @owenr suggested, there is a problem with your colour profile that you're using. 

In this screenshot, your colour wheel looked wrong:

Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 4.34.06 PM.png

Then, later on it was fine:

Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 5.25.11 PM.png

And in your video it's wrong again:

image.png

That's caused by a "wrong" Colour Profile for your screen in your MAC preferences > Display > Colour. Just choose the standard Mac profile and you should be fine. 

Thanks

Gabe.