You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Merge all layers with the same name Photo

Unfortunately it is massive drawback that affinity doesn't support any scripting language. And it is crucial for me to have

ability to merge all layers that have the same name, or at least be able to select all layers with the same name using one click.

Any Idea guys how can I do this?

For example I have 20 layers with name equal abc

Sadly when I record macro and use "select layer named abc, and then when I play this macro, only the last layer with the name abc  is selected.

Please can you implement this kind of feature?

Not sure exactly what you are doing in your macro but can you not group together all the layers called "abc", also name the group "abc", then when you record the macro just select the group by name.

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Grouping all layers need manual work. And I need to marge all layers with the same names without lots of selecting and clicking: this will be for example my layer stack:

a

b

c

d

e

f

a

b

c

d

e

f

and than i will need marge all layers that have name aa, bb, cc, dd, ee, ff

and again i will duplicate them and marge again and back to beginning duplicate and marge again...

So I really need to have ability to marge or select layers that have the same name.