You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Differentiate between Text vs Text Converted to Curves in Outline View Mode?

Hello - Is there a way to visually differentiate between (real) Text vs Text that has been converted to Curves, when viewing in Outline View Mode? As it stands, I only see a "wireframe" outline of the text which looks exactly like the text that has been converted to path curves.  In the first example below, the top is still text and the bottom have been converted to curves.  This makes it difficult to understand which element group is actual text vs. paths when working in Outline View mode.  Sorry if I've overlooked a function or feature. Otherwise, would love to see a feature like I'm showing in the second image where the text is solid black in outline mode.

text-paths.png

graphic-outline.png.08a29f4b17e7f14fbc380b07d0959735.png

3 minutes ago, badcat said:

would love to see a feature like I'm showing in the second image where the text is solid black in outline mode

Why would you expect to be able to show a black fill (or, indeed, any fill) in outline mode? The whole point of outline mode is to temporarily discard the fill.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

3 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

Why would you expect to be able to show a black fill (or, indeed, any fill) in outline mode? The whole point of outline mode is to temporarily discard the fill.

I guess the main reason is what I initially mentioned - I want to see a difference between path object vs text object (that I do not have access to the path). My expectation for this comes from using other applications such as Aldus Freehand, Adobe Illustrator, Autodesk / Picta Graphic, QuarkXPress etc - which all handle text vs path object with a visual difference.

I suppose the logical option for Outline view is to be able to configure the colours of strokes to represent a shape, curve, text or symbol so in Outline View Text could be red, Curves are black, Symbols are Pink and Shapes are blue. Not sure it would look pretty but worth an investigation.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions