You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

After War Selfie: Photo Manipulation

michaelsboost

This was my first photo manipulation in Affinity Photo.

smile_or_mask.thumb.png.278ab5393959ff8dfe6c7e1c275b5bb8.png

This art has a simple meaning, "Circumstances don't define you, you define your circumstances.".

Stocks:
Woman: pixabay.com/en/selfie-girl-wom…
Background: pixabay.com/en/buildings-disas…

selfie.afphoto

"Procrastination is the enemy of productivity!" ~Michael

Nice work

If you change the image on her phone to what she is looking at it will add to the realism that she is actually there, rather than leaving it as a selfie picture

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

1 hour ago, carl123 said:

Nice work

If you change the image on her phone to what she is looking at it will add to the realism that she is actually there, rather than leaving it as a selfie picture

Then the title would have to change and the meaning into something else.

What I'd like to see is the background colour desaturated further (rear buildings, sky and grass) and made more gritty. It would look more post war like then (or at least an illusion of). 

Nice concept!

What would the image look like with the girl moved to the right slightly?

The only reason I ask is that when I first looked at the picture I thought there was a masking problem with the stairs on the left hand side of the image 'looking' like they're in front of the girl. From zooming in I can see that they're actually just sitting in to the outline of the girl perfectly but did detract my eye for quite a while taking me away from the main subject fucus area. 

A great start though. 

Best wishes,

Mark

I want this to work but, I don't know it just doesn't do it for me. I think there has to be a juxtaposition so like others have said make the background gritty and dark.

I would have the girl/boy dressed smart colourful and smiling while taking a selfie, the contrast in situation would show a desensitisation to the brutality of war and the inevitable destruction of life and the structure of civilisation but in parody the selfie taker is totally oblivious to the effect of war and only see's it as a photo opportunity. 

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions