You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

License for Affinty Photo missing in App Store

I bought Affinity Photo from my MacBook Pro a few months ago and then I wanted to install it on my IMac but when I went to the Mac App store (on both computers) Affinity Photo is not shown in my list of previous purchases and I checked to make sure nothing is hidden. I am using the same Apple ID, and I have the receipt from Apple with the Apple ID listed. I checked that both computers were authorized but no Affinity Photo. Any suggestions? I really like the program a lot and want to continue to use it and to also buy Designer, but I'm hesitant to invest in Designer until I figure out what the problem is.

Thanks,

Lynne

• Staff

Hi Lynne, welcome to the Affinity forum.

This is certainly very unusual, especially if as you say, you are using the same Apple ID as that which was used to purchase it.

Unfortunately we do not have access to any customer or purchase details that are made through the Mac App Store so we are unable to look in to this for you. I can only advise that you get in touch with the support team over at Apple for some assistance; https://www.apple.com/support/mac/app-store/

Regards,

Steven

Any spelling or grammatical errors found in the above post are deliberate and included to boost the self-esteem of those who spot them.

Occasionally users have reported that signing out of the App Store and signing back in again has resolved problems like this.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thanks everyone. I did try signing out and in on both computers but no luck. I was about to report the problem to Apple as suggested by StevenS, but I bought Affinity Photo in March, so it is not within 90 days of purchase. I will also add that I am currently in Rome, Italy, whereas I bought the Affinity when I was in the US, but I did have this problem before I left the US, so I wouldn't think that the country was the problem. My Apple ID is still linked to my US credit card.

• Staff

Hi lclancaster,
I am assuming you are still accessing the US Store where you bought the app, correct? In principle the change of country should not have any effect on this if the account is still linked to the US credit card but it's probably best to contact Apple support directly.

One thing you may also try before doing it is cleaning up the Mac App Store cache:

1. Open the Terminal app. Copy and paste the following command and press Enter:

open $TMPDIR/../C

This will open a Finder window.

2. Drag the com.apple.appstore folder that's inside there to the Trash.
This folder is just a cache. It will be recreated as soon as you run the Mac Store app again.

3. Run the Mac Store app and try to install Affinity Designer/Photo. If it still doesn't work, reboot your system.

Let me know how it went.

Well there was some progress. I did what you said on both computers. The original Macbook does not have Affinity  listed under "purchased" in the App Store, but when I search Affinity Photo, it brings it up and DOES recognize the app as one that I own and gives "open" tab instead of the price. But when I go to my new IMac after doing the same process, the App Store gives the price and wants me to repurchase it. Still doesn't have it listed under "purchased".