I realise Affinity Photo doesn't allow animated GIF editing currently (only the first frame is loaded), and i read in the help forum it isn't planned. However, I would love it if:

1) When an animated gif is loaded, each frame is loaded into a timeline, where you can set the time delay for each frame.

2) Each frame is on its own layer for editing

3) The edited gif could then be exported as an animated gif.

It is one of the only major features I miss from Photoshop, and yep, I am aware you try to avoid direct comparisons, and I understand why.

So far, the program is great though! Thanks.

Are you referring to animated gifs rather than basic gifs?

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and Designer 1.6.5.123, (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

1 minute ago, John Rostron said:

Given that static GIFs don’t contain frames, I think the OP must be referring to animated GIFs.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.11.85 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.1.1 (iPad Air 2)

1 hour ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

Given that static GIFs don’t contain frames, I think the OP must be referring to animated GIFs.

I asked the question because there seems to be an assumption by many on this forum that 'gifs' only came as animated and seem oblivious of the basic gif which is still going.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and Designer 1.6.5.123, (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

But for this AP/AD should manage color palettes and the few tests I did with PNGs' palettes wasn't interesting (I didn't test working with the pixel brush, and the antialiasing was messing the palette's colors). 

For now, I would keep on with Gimp that can manage GIFs, palettes, import series of images in order if they are called something_01, something_02...

5 hours ago, John Rostron said:

John

Sorry yes. I missed the most crucial part of my request, but hopefully the developers, like yourself, can infer that!

I edted the original post.

Thanks.