You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Save/Export Locations Greyed Out

• Staff

Hi young-j,

Welcome to the forums :)

Are you using Photo or Designer please?

This isn't an issue we've seen before! Firstly could you please try the Save a Copy option from within the document menu, can you select any folders here? If you can, please save it to a cloud service, then try opening this file from the cloud as a new document. Can you select the folder option on import?

Could you please double check for me, do you still have storage space left on your iPad? This can be found under Settings>General>iPad Storage.

Can you drag and drop the export correctly? This can be done by pressing and holding the PNG tile from the export screen, keeping the option held, opening your files app and dropping it into the Affinity Folder.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

I have exactly this problem - looking on mac forums it seems a very common problem which apple are not addressing. It's making my life a misery and I would now prefer to use another app rather than photos so that I can actually use Affinity as its intended. Should add I'm on macBook pro so maybe i'm on the wrong thread here

@Dan C , thanks for your response!

I am using Affinity Photo for iPad. It would seem the issue has been resolved. 
My iPad Pro automatically updated from iOS 11.4. to 11.4.1 last night and it has resolved the issue.
I can now save normally by selecting a path through the export menu anywhere on my iPad, as well as using the drag method you described.

Since this is an unseen issue, if you'd like me to roll my iPad back to 11.4 to test further, let me know. It would be no problem.

@omalleyfr sorry to hear about that, I empathize. I'm mostly a Windows/Linux guy where there's endless documentation and forums posts with solutions. 
In my time using Apple devices more and more recently, I've found a lot of issues like this go unanswered by Apple and unsolved as a result.
I don't know if its related at all to my issue with the iPad and iOS, but perhaps if there's any updates you can do, that solved it on my iPad.

Hi thanks for that - you're right, i spent months have to disconnect and reconnect the display from an apple mini every time I booted, no reply from apple or forums, but the next upgrade solved the problem - no good customer service at all. I'll check on the situation for my macbook pro. Like you I'm also a Win 10 user and fnd problem resolution tends to be much easier.

• Staff

Glad to hear it's been sorted young-j, no need to roll back your OS but I'll certainly have someone look into it here :) 

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!