You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Snap to grid not working

Hi,

This is going to be something silly I'm sure but I can't seem to get the snap to grid function working. 

It's turned on for the document under snapping but when I move a node it doesn't want to perform a snap at all. 

I've attached a quick screen recording showing what is happening (which unfortunately isn't much).

Any insight as to what I'm doing wrong or perhaps a setting I'm missing would be greatly appreciated. 

Many thanks,

Mark

4 minutes ago, Lee D said:

Snapping isn't enabled, tap the small magnet icon in the bottom left.

And there you have it, I was right! It was something silly!!!

I must have leant with my right hand on the screen as it was actually turned on previously as I've been using it a lot lately.

Can't believe I didn't notice it had been turned off!

Thanks for pointing me to my silly mistake Lee!

Best wishes,

Mark

What if another user makes the same mistake and subsequently logs another support post?

This forum is searchable so threads like this will help users that make the same mistake in the future, thus freeing up support staff from answering the same question over and over again

Hence threads like this are useful and should stay

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• 1 month later...

Saw a tut  on youtube using designer iPad, about designing a vector badge and the guy pulled out a rectangle and its grid was inside the rectangle only and it was snapping perfectly. There was no background grid on the page. Anytime I try and use the grid, if I pull out a rectangle it snaps to a grid but not on the grid lines. just slightly off of them. How can i get them to snap to the lines of the grid? and how do you get the grid to be inside your object only?  I have been at this for 2 days and have not found a solution to either problem. Please help.

1 hour ago, Kem McNair said:

How can i get them to snap to the lines of the grid?

Check in Document menu Snapping is set as shown (Settings as used in video are shown).

1 hour ago, Kem McNair said:

Saw a tut  on youtube using designer iPad, about designing a vector badge and the guy pulled out a rectangle and its grid was inside the rectangle only and it was snapping perfectly. ....and howl do you get the grid to be inside your object only?  I have been at this for 2 days and have not found a solution to either problem. Please help.

I don't think you can (but might be wrong). If you look closely at the video, grid lines ARE visible. The grid line colours have been set to a very light grey.

22917C6A-5DB5-4242-86DA-726C280749A2.png

6933F68F-5AA7-45EF-BB67-E6B22B5F0C46.jpeg

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/