You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Work wont calculate or export??

Hello,

I was working on a roughly 20MB RAW image and went to export it after about 8 or 9 adjustment layers.  It was unable to "calculate" the file size for any format and would not export.  I dropped down the quality to as low as possible and it still would not work.  So I saved the file to try another day and it was 142MB?!?!  Is that why it wouldn't calculate and export?  Did it increase to the because of all the editing because I did not change any ppi settings (at least I dont think I did).  

I have a new Macbook Pro, 8gig, dual core, 256ssd running High Sierra.  Is the issue my computer not being robust enough to handle this?

Affinity1.jpg

Affinity2.jpg

It exports OK for me on Windows but does take about 10-15 minutes.

Your very Top layer (Black and White adjustment) has a Live Depth of Field Filter nested within it, switch that off or delete it

Your second layer from the bottom (Depth of Field Blur) has a Live Diffuse Filter nested within it, switch that off or delete it

When I disable those 2 filters, your file exports in a much more reasonable time for me of 20 seconds

I have attached a modified version of your file with those 2 filters disabled, see if that exports Ok for you on your Mac

PCM_0203_modified.afphoto

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

1. Nesting layers inside other layers is done all the time but the two particular Filter layers you had nested were causing problems in this case.

2. Disabling those 2 nested layers would not have reduce your afphoto file from 142MB to 7MB.

The file you exported was probably 7MB but that is just a JPG file not your project file, which is probably still around 142MB

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

So I guess we can agree that stuff like this just sometimes randomly happens?

But yes, I exported it as a JPEG and the natural compression brought it down that much.  But I imported it at a 24/25MB NEF and just that layer editing alone brought it up to a 142MB?

Your computer exported that one in 10-15 minutes but mine just started getting loud and hot (I have a new Macbook Pro, 8gig, dual core, 256ssd running High Sierra).  Do you think Im underpowered?

7 minutes ago, Toothfood said:

Your computer exported that one in 10-15 minutes but mine just started getting loud and hot (I have a new Macbook Pro, 8gig, dual core, 256ssd running High Sierra).  Do you think Im underpowered?

I have a high end Windows PC for my main work.  I don't use Macs so can't comment on your Mac's specification but just use it and see how it performs from now on