lunaluns

How do I export and EPS without the strokes expanding?

Hi, I've been doing my head in trying to export an eps without the strokes expanding. I need to be able to edit them as an outline. I did manage to do it before but I cannot replicate it. 

Just to be clear what I need is a regular stroke/outline export. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated and it'll help me not go insane with this one. 

Thanks

Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 8.16.14 pm.png

Hi Gabe, 

Sure, here it goes. I need the strokes to be able to be fully editable outside affinity designer. 

Shinigami Copy.afdesign

Again I did manage it somehow in another file but I can't replicate it. And I have a couple of illustrations like this I need to work on. u_u 

Thanks, 

Luna

Thank you for the file. Your pressure was not set to default 100%, and eps cannot export lines with pressure as curves and will expand strokes to get it accurate. Even though your pressure was almost inexistent, that tiny curve made a difference when exporting it. Select all your curves, open Stroke Studio, Switch to Solid Line Style, click on pressure and reset the pressure. You can now export fine :)

Hi Gabe,

I tried that, but this is on iPad so I don't have a stroke studio? or is that what you call the stroke section?
Would it be possible for you to send me some screenshots? Cuz I believe there's way less options on ipad than on desktop.

Thanks,

Luna

Hi Gabe, 

OMG you master of things! that worked like a charm, thank you SO much! I spent HOURS -not exaggerating- trying to get this to work.  

I really appreciate it. You saved me from certain madness. :) <3 

Luna 

On 8/9/2018 at 3:18 AM, GabrielM said:

Thank you for the file. Your pressure was not set to default 100%, and eps cannot export lines with pressure as curves and will expand strokes to get it accurate. Even though your pressure was almost inexistent, that tiny curve made a difference when exporting it. Select all your curves, open Stroke Studio, Switch to Solid Line Style, click on pressure and reset the pressure. You can now export fine :)

Wow this really helped out a ton - thank you!