You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 5 months later...

Yet another one of those annoying little basic things that make me regret having spent money on the iPad apps. It's called "designer" for crying out loud - I wouldn't have expected a simple soft return would end up being too exotic. Good thing, too, that the only possibility I could find, "Leading Over", doesn't go into the negative.

On 8/8/2018 at 5:41 AM, GabrielM said:

Hi @HenningMigge,

Welcome to the forums. 

We do not have a shortcut for a soft return yet. Sorry :(.  However, we hope to get more shortcuts implemented in the future. 

moved to feature requests

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Hey Gabe, 

Would you be able to advise if there are plans to bring all of the desktop keyboard shortcuts to the iPad anytime soon? Will version 1.7 have this? As it stands right now, selecting nodes and objects is very finicky and at times pretty frustrating. Allowing keyboard shortcuts would really speed up the process and make the entire experience of using the app a lot more enjoyable. Even if the accuracy is improved, its just nice to have the option of using the keyboard shortcuts. 

Thanks. 

• 1 year later...

November 2020:
Apparently I still have to use a workaround (i.e. a file prepared on a desktop machine?) for a simple line break? Are you guys serious? Even this HTML editor here gets it done! Look:
On my iPad I have to use the Notes app now I guess. (Check again: soft line break:)
I am annoyed as hell, I guess it shows and I half heartedly apologize.

• 6 months later...
On 1/16/2019 at 4:51 PM, Gabe said:

Yes, we do have plans to get more shortcuts working on the iPad in the future. 

Hey!

Just got myself an iPad and of course your apps but not having the possibility to use a soft return (line break not paragraph break) is - to say it nicely - annoying...

Hope you can fix/add that soon as I can imagine many want this basic function ;-)

All the best,
Chris

PS: If you like maps you might also have a look at this community!
PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/8/2018 at 11:00 AM, HenningMigge said:

Hi,

is it possible to do a simple linebreak (not a new paragraph) like it is on the desktop version with Shift+Return?
I tried everything.

Thank You.
Henning

Almost three years later: no soft line break.
Isn‘t this one of the most basic of features for an app that‘s called „designer“?

Most of the design stuff I do has at least some text and thus requires soft lines breaks, simple stuff like an invoice requires soft line breaks. Affinity Designer for iPad has been and continues to be useless for this kind of work. Disappointing.

On 1/16/2019 at 4:51 PM, Gabe said:

Yes, we do have plans to get more shortcuts working on the iPad in the future. 

Can we expect to see these plans come to fruition in this decade? It‘s still rather young and so far it has already taken three years.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/14/2022 at 8:12 PM, tycho5ive said:

Affinity Designer on iPad is super useful but its kinda cray this feature still isn't in there, just sayin

it's really a downside as I have to type text in another app and then copying to AD...

PS: If you like maps you might also have a look at this community!
PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would like to note that Affinity added a beautiful new menu (located in the keyboard) with line breaks as an option in Affinity Designer 2, in addition to one of the most detailed typographical menus I've seen in a design app. Great work by team Affinity, thanks for listening to us ❤️