You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Scaling Raster Help

Hi,

I feel like an idiot.  I cannot for the life of me figure out how to select a portion of the raster layer to scale it, and or move it.  This is monsterously trivial with Procreate ... I am into hour two without any luck.  

I also get some nasty changes to the display when I select all. 

First image shows the layer and canvas.  

The second one shows what happens I click “Select All”.  Note how the canvas gets partly inverted.  

And there is nothing I can do to scale the selection.  And nothing under the transform studio will do anything.  

Desperate.  And a little bummed that this is as obtuse as it is.  

Thanks in advance,

Ward

54A2DEEE-8814-4F4F-A72E-A3C5120D6442.png

39426E34-E83A-4D7C-8856-B0E6A142B7E7.png

1 hour ago, wwvuillemot said:

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to select a portion of the raster layer to scale it, and or move it.  This is monsterously trivial with Procreate ... I am into hour two without any luck.  

You are still in the Selection Persona, go back to the Photo Persona after you have made the selection and use the Move Tool.

DEB41A50-3605-41F0-8E9D-60BCF7D02951.thumb.png.6a2d4e251458356b738142d6b0653c03.png

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

Thank you -- I just figure that out independently.  I appreciate you taking the time to share!  

I am not as familiar with Photoshop and other desktop apps? Or specific to Affinity?  It just seems unintuitive to me, but that may be not appreciating some complexities.

I still get the weird display issues, but that may be a result of iOS12 Beta R5 ... Note, I tried Affinity Photo from my macOS and do not see the same display issues.

FWIW, I am trying to find a good desktop app as I want to graduate away from iPadPro 12.9" to something larger ... but I find Procreate.app so sexy (easy) to use, that every time I try another app that I could use on the desktop I come into workflow issues.  And I would love to just the same app on iOS and macOS thus why I am test driving Affinity.