artistraman

changing font makes Affinity Photo freeze forever

It has been happening since a day that whenever I am trying to change the fonts and I go to the dropdown menu in text options Affinity Photo freezes...on Mac High Sierra. The beachball goes on and on and I have to force quite and restart the app but even after several attempts it hangs as soon as I touch the fonts selection dropdown either in the floating window or the the top shelf. This has made it unusable. 

Has anybody else experienced this? Is there a solution to this bug?

18 hours ago, Sean P said:

Hi artistraman,

Have you recently installed any new fonts or applications related to font management?

Hi Sean,

I keep installing fonts on regular basis as per design needs. I couldn't figure out which font must be giving problem. I tried deleting the latest ones installed but it didn't help. So I deleted all the custom fonts installed by me and left only the system fonts. This fixed the error and now both AD and AP are working fine.

Thanks.

9 hours ago, MadDoc said:

I`v got the same problem on my mac. every time i click the font menu designer and photo is freezeing. can anyone help me?

MadDoc I deleted all the fonts and that fixed the problem. I was then left with the system fonts that come preinstalled. 

Glad it has stopped crashing for you - if it does begin to happen again, then would you be able to attach all the fonts you had installed so we can try and reproduce it please?

On 8/8/2018 at 3:52 AM, Sean P said:

Glad it has stopped crashing for you - if it does begin to happen again, then would you be able to attach all the fonts you had installed so we can try and reproduce it please?

Hi Sean, 

Sure. I am uploading the fonts folder that I use. I am not able to figure out which font might be causing the problem. but when I upload all of these it starts freezing both AD and AP.

Thanks

fonts.zip

Hello,

I have no installed fonts as I only use the preinstalled a little anyway. However the freezing problem is present on my machine.

All file types are affected and the only way round it at the moment is to 'Force Quit' and use the recently opened file presented (rescue file).

I have tried a multitude of methods to avoid this but no matter what method the freezing continues. I have reported it each time to 'Apple' when using the force quit.

My next option is to delete AP and reinstall.

Any thoughts?

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).