You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What's the status of page plus 9 going forward?

I know there have been a lot of changes at Serif, unfortunately, I've not been keeping up with them. I was an owner of Page Plus 8 and 9, also Web Plus. I liked and used Page Plus 9 quite often, and It's still a valuable tool to me. I recently got a new workstation and it's custom built towards A/V and graphics production. After completely resetting my older computer, I discovered that I didn't have the unlock key. I also thought about what software is available right now that would be the progressive upgrade from PP 9. I'm having a little difficulty grasping all the different names and descriptions of the new "Affinity" software. If there is something comparable and advanced, I surely would like to try it out. If there's not, then could someone please tell me how to reload and unlock the programs I already own. Ignorance is NOT bliss, so any help would be greatly appreciated. 

10 hours ago, Mad1doc said:

I also thought about what software is available right now that would be the progressive upgrade from PP 9.

Assuming that you mean PPX9 (ten versions later than PP9 without the ‘X’) there is no “progressive upgrade” now that development of the ‘Plus’ range has ceased. Affinity Publisher will not be able to open PagePlus documents, and all the signs are that we won’t even be able to import WritePlus *.stt files, so we’ll have to rely on publishing as PDF from PagePlus and importing the result into APub.

You can post to the CommunityPlus Forum if you want to discuss any issues encountered in PPX9 or other Serif legacy software.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)