I love macros. I used to really enjoy writing them on Photoshop but the ones in Affinity Photo have major functionality options missing and I like to list them here and hope 

Might be possible to get some or all of them added.

Firstly I wish I could add keyboard shortcuts to run macros. There are many macros that I create I would like to be able to run very quickly via the keyboard.

The ability to add menu items to a macro as it is running. This is a fantastic feature in Photoshop that really broadens the scope of writing abilities for macros.

The ability to stop a macro while it is running and ask for a user input. This is the least urgent in my opinion. If we can get the first two it would broaden the usability incredibly. 

Thanks and let me know if I missing something and if any of these are already possible.

Phil

I like turtles!

Windows 10

Pentax K3 and K3-ii

Sony RX10 Mkiii

Canon G5x

+1

I would add the following:
Single steps delete  and move. (I know that I can disable individual steps)
Rename from Spare Channel (reserve channel)

Cheers

Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 :   Affinity Photo-Beta  1.7.0.385 :    Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367:  Affinity Designer-Beta 1.7.0.385:

Affinity Publisher-Beta 1.7.0.384:       Windows 10 Pro  (Version  1809 Build 17763.529)

6 hours ago, OldRadioGuy said:

Add: Allow layer movement to be recorded in a macro.

Use the Menu commands to record moving layers.  They work fine in Macros

Arrange > Move to Front
Arrange > Move Forward One
Arrange > Move Back One
Arrange > Move to Back

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

On 8/6/2018 at 6:42 PM, Phil_rose said:

... I wish I could add keyboard shortcuts to run macros. There are many macros that I create I would like to be able to run very quickly via the keyboard.

The ability to add menu items to a macro as it is running. This is a fantastic feature in Photoshop that really broadens the scope of writing abilities for macros.

The ability to stop a macro while it is running and ask for a user input. This is the least urgent in my opinion.

I agree and would add:

- Possibility to delete/replace steps later. So you can use a complex "base" macro and replace just 2,3 steps (so long i have to use lot of "precoded "blocks"...)

- The possibility to range a slider like eg. 3 is most left and 7 is most right, or even inverse, eg. from 17-4....

- Variations for macros/some steps... Eg. i have 5 time the same macro, just some different styles, but the macro itself is the most the same... here a dropdown of which style would be great, instead creating eg. 5 times the same macro with another style for one parameter...

- a better preset browser/reorganiser... for macros with sub-categorys and "batch" remove/rename....

And there is a big missing too: text ist not possible to add (except via copy/paste)... 

And there is a big BUG by using "blocks" for complex macros. See here 

OSX 10.13.5  / iMac Retina 27" / AMD Radeon R9 M380 / Metall: on!