You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

HDR Merge of some graffiti (source files provided)

stokerg

• Staff

Hey everyone,

I'm not normally one to post in here, mainly because i don't really edit the photos i take, give or take a few colour corrections.  Anyway i've attached the 3 raw files i used (could of got away with just 2 really) and my final edit.  The 1st RAW file is without any filters, the 2nd two have a Cokin ND filter (medium) applied.  The filters really help stop the sky from blowing out, which has been a big problem of mine.  Anyway feel free to have a play with the raw files and if this kind of thing interests people, i'll be happy to post more. 

Bit of back ground on the location, this is Russells Youth Club in St Anne's, Nottingham.  If you ever see on the news that Prince Harry has come to Nottingham, this is one of the places he also stops by.  They have welcomed the graffiti for many a year now and this is one of the main stop offs for visiting graffiti writers.  The main writer on the lower part of this wall is Dash, who is local legend here in Nottingham, he started way back in the 80s and is still going today (i missed him doing this wall by a few hours)

Anyway, hope you enjoy and if you want to see more street art/graffiti look up @mostlynottsgraffiti on instagram

Untitled.jpg

_DSC0004.NEF

_DSC0002.NEF

_DSC0001.NEF

Very nice. I worked them up with a bit of a different result (just to have some fun)

Thanks for posting these

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

Very interesting and informative post!

I'm quite a fan of street art/graffiti. Between 2010 (Oct) and 2013 (Dec) I visited this building a number of times to photograph the art—more accurately the adjoining building at the rear—under building car park walls, hallways, staircase etc.

There's 12 of the images on my website—images 2 and 3 is the same back wall but shot two years apart. The 3rd to last and last images are works by Anthony Lister

Unfortunately the last time I was there (Dec 2013) I was told the walls were to be painted over—the building owner apparently loved the art however the real estate agent was having issues obtaining tenants (commercial building) ... the art is longer there.

I'm quite keen now to revisit what I shot—there's dozens more I can work up. The images on my web were edited when APh was probably just a rumour at Serif's staff local. This time around, as image editor, APh will be ideal :)    

• Staff
17 hours ago, Rick G said:

Very nice. I worked them up with a bit of a different result (just to have some fun)

Please share the results.  It's always good see some Affinity Photo work posted in here :) 

15 hours ago, PedroOfOz said:

There's 12 of the images on my website—images 2 and 3 is the same back wall but shot two years apart. The 3rd to last and last images are works by Anthony Lister

Really good mix of styles of graffiti in those photos.  I've been lucky enough to watch a more than a few of the Nottingham artists in action and i still don't fully understand how they do what they do with a can of spray paint.  

I was told the walls were to be painted over—the building owner apparently loved the art however the real estate agent was having issues obtaining tenants (commercial building) ... the art is longer there.

The whole street art thing is a funny one.  In some places it boosts the value of the property BUT it all depends on the quality of artwork.  I always use Bristol as a good example, they host Upfest but long before that they have had a long history with street art and graffiti and as a result attracts people from all over the world to see the work.  The local town of Beeston had a street art festival the other month which i had the pleasure of visiting and writing up here.  The great thing about this event, it wasn't about adding value to a building it was about getting the community together and brightening up the dull walls everyone has to walk past day on day.  I really enjoyed spending the day watching the reaction of the locals, of all age ranges and seeing the different style of artists in action.  Thankfully in Nottingham we have a good mix of graffiti, stencil and paste up artists.  The paste up artists put a composition together on the PC, print it and then use paste to stick it to a wall/door.

I'm quite keen now to revisit what I shot—there's dozens more I can work up. The images on my web were edited when APh was probably just a rumour at Serif's staff local. This time around, as image editor, APh will be ideal

Please share them, it's always good to see Affinity Photo work being posted in this section and for me street art/graffiti is always a bonus :)