You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Help!! Edited Images look different and worse on the smartphone, Really Frustrating

So, 

I bought affinity photo in order to edit my dran artworks so i can print them, After 2 days of editing i wanted to transfer the photos from my pc (windows) to my smartphone so i can upload them online for my art blog. But the images look different on the smartphone. The shadows which i removed are visible again and the images have overall a different colour tone. Every part which should be white has suddenly a weird green tone. First tried to transfer them manually. Then i tried sending them per mail. Then i tried screenshooting. Then i tried to upload the images online so i can download them with my smartphone. Nothing worked. Always the same result.I also tried pdf jpg and png. Even more confusing: When i made a screenshot on my smartphone of the image and and sent it to my pc per mail it looked alright again. So it only looks wrong on the smartphone. 

Im gonna upload the right and finished image here so you can compare it on your and pc and smartphone. I had to uplaod it as a Pdf because it somehow fails to upload it as a png or jpg. I would be reeaaally glad if someone knew what i can do to fix that.

Thank you in advance!!!

Scan 16.pdf

• Staff

Hi @Phuuul,

Welcome to the forums. 

It sounds like your monitor is not calibrated properly. You do not have white in your picture, but more of a green-yellow colour. 

image.thumb.png.d12a30524659759099d7fb5609c38e20.png

See the colour sample in the top right. 

More, smartphones screens are the worst devices to check against for proper colour management. They usually have over-saturated colours and intelligent ambient light which make the images look more vivid than they actually are. 

Thanks,

Gabe.  

1 hour ago, GabrielM said:

Hello @GabrialM,

thanks for the respond. I will see what i can improve witht he colours. Yet i dont understand why a digital image appears different on a pc screen as on a smartphone screen. Am i missing something? Because i want to uplaod the artwork on my Instagram Art Blog, which means everybody is gonna see it on a smartphone screen. So it would really bother me^^.

I am already thankful for your advice!

Hi, Phuuul,

Check out this link. You'll see right away every phone has a different display. Ot this one, where you'll see that Apple devices differ from one another, and those wildly from a Samsung model. There are various reasons for this, but mostly it comes down to what light frequencies the specific display can emit, which in turn is determined by very specific kinds and proportions of phosphors, and the amount of time they have been used.

A common recommendation for creating good compositions is to look at the range of grey scale values, as most human vision derives from the B & W response of the rods. Overall, the distribution of lights and darks makes the perception of form. The widest range is generally found to be most appealing. If you concentrate on those, color variances will not have as much impact on the final effect for viewer so much.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet