You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

download problems windows version

• Staff

Hi @Mare,

Welcome to the forums. 

We would need more details from you:

• What App did you buy? Affinity Photo? Designer?
  • What platform? Windows, Mac, iPad?
  • 2 hours ago, Mare said:

i'm not able to execute affinity because of an app issue

What is the issue? Do you get any error messages? If so, can you attach a screenshot?

• What have you tried to far to fix the issue?

Thanks,

Gabe. 

I would suggest removing that screenshot and replacing it with one that does not expose your email address and product key.

What kind of Windows system are you using?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Is the file fully downloading correctly?  If you go to the file location where you saved it, right-click on the downloaded 'affinity-photo-1.6.4.104.exe' installer file and go to properties, does your file size, etc. match the below screenshots?

Then try deleting the file that you have already downloaded, and download and run installer file again.

001.png.fcb0321f449f3d4da6a09ff91df44c0c.png

Adding error message text from original screenshot:
Deze app kan niet worden uitgevoerd op uw pc
Vraag bij de software-uitgever na of er een versie bestaat voor uw pc.

This app can't run on your PC
To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher.

5 hours ago, - S - said:

Is the file fully downloading correctly?  If you go to the file location where you saved it, right-click on the downloaded 'affinity-photo-1.6.4.104.exe' installer file and go to properties, does your file size, etc. match the below screenshots?

Go to the Digital Signatures tab and click on an entry in the signature list to highlight that entry. The ‘Details’ button will become enabled, and when you press it and wait for several seconds you will get a message telling you whether or not the digital signature is OK. If it’s not OK, you need to download a fresh copy of the installer file (and if it is OK, the problem lies elsewhere and there’s no point in downloading the installer file all over again).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

11 hours ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

Go to the Digital Signatures tab and click on an entry in the signature list to highlight that entry. The ‘Details’ button will become enabled, and when you press it and wait for several seconds you will get a message telling you whether or not the digital signature is OK. If it’s not OK, you need to download a fresh copy of the installer file (and if it is OK, the problem lies elsewhere and there’s no point in downloading the installer file all over again).

The OP is downloading the file from their Affinity Store account, so I know that if it's signed, the certificates are OK and haven't been revoked.  My post is about checking whether the file is being fully downloaded correctly before it's being executed.  I have a feeling that this is where the issue lies; for whatever reason (possibly third-party antivirus, I don't know) I'm thinking the downloaded installer file is either not complete or is a 0 byte file.  When they then try to run it, Windows treats is as not being a valid Win32 executable, hence the error saying that the app can't run on their PC. 

6 hours ago, - S - said:

My post is about checking whether the file is being fully downloaded correctly before it's being executed.

So is mine. ;) If the download is corrupt or incomplete, it won’t have a valid digital signature.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)