You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

help, please....I've created a fantastic Vector based Invoice template with Logo and I need to convert into a Word Document to enable it to be used on a PC for business. I've exported it as a PDF & JPEG

and I want to convert to a word Docx and whilst I've had partial success the format of the design is not holding. Can anyone  suggest what I'm doing wrong as I am really new at this.

thank you

Kevin

Does this have anything to do with Affinity Designer or Affinity Photo? If not, you should probably post your request for help to a forum offering help for Logo or Word.

If you are trying to do this with an Affinity product, be advised they do not support exporting to Word formats.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

You can try exporting to PDF but you will still need to use a different app to convert it to a Word format.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Microsoft Word 2013 introduced the ability to open, modify and save PDF documents. Like the Affinity apps, MS Word doesn’t actually open and modify the PDF file itself, but converts a copy of it into a format which the program can display.

If you need to cater for users of older versions of MS Word, then your only option is to use a separate PDF to DOC/DOCX converter.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thank you RC -R I have no trouble to convert and export as a PDF/Tiff or any other file is just I cannot convert them into a word format. I have even tried to convert the PDF through Abbey Fine Reader Pro but the OCR screws up the upload and transfer. Anyway, appreciate you have taken the time to help out...cheers Kevin

If you don’t want your design to be editable, you need to flatten it (or rather, a copy of it, so that you still have the original for editing yourself) or export to an image file format such as JPEG or PNG.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Real world solution would be to export header and footer parts of the document as PDFs and recreate the middle part design in Word, importing PDF parts to Word layout header and footer. Obviously you cannot fully recreate the design in Word as there are no suitable tools in it.