You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

hai,guys:

When I was doing the UI design, I found that the font size of the Chinese font is not the same as the pixel actually occupied by the page, and the font border does not follow the font size change, but follows the actual size change of the font, which is not possible in the interface design.

Accepted. Please see how the sketch handles the relationship between the font border and the font. That is acceptable.Another problem is that in the exported psd file, the text is rasterized, and the annotation tool cannot recognize the font size. This is really bad.

There is an urgent need for annotation tools, or at least support for exporting fully editable psd files, as many annotation tools support psd annotations.Please reply me in time, thank you.1.thumb.png.e82928428901f94487dcb8125350d863.png2.thumb.png.a397986205e16160031d38d41e7d9c31.png

• Staff

Hi @jizhideyanshu,

Welcome to the forums. 

We cannot export to PSD and preserve the editability of the text. A workaround would be to export as PDF. 

As for the issue with the text not being within the border, I'm not really sure what you mean by that. The word "button" is within the text frame. Not all the letters will "fill" the text frame but that is not an App issue, but how the font is designed. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

6 hours ago, jizhideyanshu said:

When I was doing the UI design, I found that the font size of the Chinese font is not the same as the pixel actually occupied by the page, and the font border does not follow the font size change, but follows the actual size change of the font, which is not possible in the interface design.

I am not quite sure what you mean by this, but if it is that different fonts have different sizes at the same point size, that is normal. The designer of each font sets the relationship between point size & glyph size to whatever they want, for example so that the largest glyph in the font still fits within a line of text at the proper size & position relative to the others, & the baselines, x-heights, descenders, & so on all work together to create a pleasing look.

For instance, below are four fonts, all set to 48 points & baseline aligned to the grid. Note in particular the size & position of the "@" character in each of them; the difference in cap heights; & in size & position of the numbers.

970695781_fontsizes.jpg.210a5d9173049c22f12145d7a0d6f85a.jpg

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

1 hour ago, R C-R said:

size & position of the numbers

The ‘4’ in Georgia and Talapanna is an ‘oldstyle’ figure. Talapanna includes an OpenType feature which allows you to change it to a ‘lining’ figure, but I don’t think Georgia is available as an OpenType font.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 hour ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

The ‘4’ in Georgia and Talapanna is an ‘oldstyle’ figure. Talapanna includes an OpenType feature which allows you to change it to a ‘lining’ figure, but I don’t think Georgia is available as an OpenType font.

You are probably right about that  but my main point (pun intended) is that the height, spacing, & so on varies from font to font, even in ones that look about the same size, like with the numbers in Arial & Georgia.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

19 hours ago, R C-R said:

I am not quite sure what you mean by this, but if it is that different fonts have different sizes at the same point size, that is normal. The designer of each font sets the relationship between point size & glyph size to whatever they want, for example so that the largest glyph in the font still fits within a line of text at the proper size & position relative to the others, & the baselines, x-heights, descenders, & so on all work together to create a pleasing look.

For instance, below are four fonts, all set to 48 points & baseline aligned to the grid. Note in particular the size & position of the "@" character in each of them; the difference in cap heights; & in size & position of the numbers.

970695781_fontsizes.jpg.210a5d9173049c22f12145d7a0d6f85a.jpg

thanks for your answer 

In fact, the reason for this is because ad does not have the support of the annotation tool, the exported psd file, the font is rasterized, and the relative shape of the text displayed on the annotation tool or the position of the edge is changed. So I will ask questions about text and text boxes, as well as psd export compatibility issues. If ad has a plugin that can be labeled, and I have the same positional relationship as the distance displayed, I don't care about it.

19 hours ago, GabrielM said:

Hi @jizhideyanshu,

Welcome to the forums. 

We cannot export to PSD and preserve the editability of the text. A workaround would be to export as PDF. 

As for the issue with the text not being within the border, I'm not really sure what you mean by that. The word "button" is within the text frame. Not all the letters will "fill" the text frame but that is not an App issue, but how the font is designed. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

In fact, the reason for this is because ad does not have the support of the annotation tool, the exported psd file, the font is rasterized, and the relative shape of the text displayed on the annotation tool or the position of the edge is changed. So I will ask questions about text and text boxes, as well as psd export compatibility issues. If ad has a plugin that can be labeled, and I have the same positional relationship as the distance displayed, I don't care about it.