ZeusZeus

Applying Custom Fonts Crashes the App

Hello there. I have noticed the app on the iPad crashes either importing fonts from the cloud or applying these custom fonts on any given example. Can the Technical team reproduce that crash? Is there anything I can do to submit the bug? Thank you.

I have had the same problem. I try to import via dropbox. After downloading the file to the ipad, designer crashes. When I then reopen the app i can import the now downloaded file. This happens every time I try to do this

Does the crash only occur with a few fonts, or does it occur with every new font installation? Can you use new fonts installed globally rather than within the app? (Font Squirrel offers an ‘Install on iPad’ option for the free fonts which are available directly from the site, and Fonts.com similarly offers an ‘Install on iOS’ option for all fonts ordered.)

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.2.471 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.2.153 • Designer for iPad 1.7.2.6 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

It does not occur with all the fonts but this is like looking for a needle in the haystack, I wouldn't know which one causes trouble. Bottom line there is an issue there.

4 minutes ago, ZeusZeus said:

It does not occur with all the fonts but this is like looking for a needle in the haystack, I wouldn't know which one causes trouble.

The crash report under ‘Settings > Privacy > Analytics > Analytics Data’ with a filename of the form 'Designer iPad-YYYY-MM-DD-hhmmss.ips’ (where ‘YYYY-MM-DD’ is a datestamp and ‘hhmmss’ is a timestamp) should offer some clues.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.2.471 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.2.153 • Designer for iPad 1.7.2.6 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

Hi ZeusZeus,

You say it doesn't happen with every custom font you've installed - could you attach a series of fonts that you've installed into Designer and let us know which font causes the app to crash when you select it in the Font screen of preferences. Would you be able to do a screen recording showing the font list (scrolling to show all fonts if possible) and then showing the crash when selecting the font please?

Thanks!

Thanks for the files, unfortunately I personally am unable to investigate the crash reports myself, however I can get them passed onto development to look into. However before I can do that, could you upload a copy of all of the Belleville fonts shown above, as well as the other fonts that you currently have installed please?

I've created a private internal Dropbox link for you to upload them too here. If we can get them it will make reproducing and fixing the issue a lot easier! :) 

https://www.dropbox.com/request/VvH2vjxJzuayZJXvX2Rs

Thanks!

Sean, I have only uploaded the one that did the crash. I would appreciate if all this issue is passed upon fast so the app causes less crashes. Thank you.