You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo with Wacom Intuos Pro

The said tablet behaves strangely under Affinity Photo 1.6.4.104 for Windows (10 Prof.), in any case different than in PS CC. In Photoshop it is very convenient to use. The size of brushes, stamps and retouching tools can be increased/decreased by ALT + drag. This is simple and quick. I haven't found anything like it in AP yet.
In AP my tablet behaves bizarre. Sometimes AP accepts it as a mouse replacement. So double click etc. This works for a while, then suddenly it doesn't. Or extremely tough. Also, individual tools sometimes work, sometimes not, sometimes tough.
Operation with the mouse always works.
What am I doing wrong?

Greetings,
Christian

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

• Staff

Hi @cditfurth,

Welcome to the forums. 

Our shortcut for changing size/opacity would be ALT + Left click + Right click Drag. Vertical drag for hardness, horizontal drag for size. As for the tablet weird behaviour, I'm not really sure. We do not do anything specific for tablets. If you have the drivers installed correctly, it should work fine. 

Have you got Synergy ( Symless now) installed? 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

I have the same little problems with graphic tablet. brushes are not really 100% working, press points are not really working. 
I use wacom intuos to with the newest drivers.

Windows 11 (Home)-build: 23H2- build 22631.2715
-  64 bits. 
11e generatie Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 32,60GHz.
Ram: 80 GB  DDR4 -3200 Mhz-  34" breedbeeld
GpuGeforce 3060 -12GB  OC-studiodriver: 537-58 - XP-Pen star03 -
mastodon.nl /@digitalvisuals - website:  digitalvisuals.nl

Affinity Photo2 - Designer 1.10-  Publisher 1.10 - ArtRage 6 - Lumina Aurora - ArtRage.

As I said, with the mouse it works if you have enough fingers available ;--)
But this shortcut (short?) can't work with the tablet's pen, because you can't press the two buttons of a pen at the same time. It is also impractical to always have to switch to the mouse to change the size/hardness of brushes or stamps.
I urge you to look for better compatibility with tablets like Wacom when updating. I think it would be best to use Affinity as a model for PS CC (Alt+lower pen+draw).
Otherwise AP is not suitable for people who do serious retouching, because the operation takes too much time.

Thank you and best regards,
Christian

Yeah, we definitely need this hotkey to change. It's really bad not being able to fast increase/decrease size & hardness with a stylus.

By the way, sometimes my pen pressure is not working. Is there any solution? Using Wacom Intuos Draw.

Thanks

By the way, a solution that I'd like to share with you, that's working fine for me, is:

In Wacom's preferences, I set one of my lateral buttons to "Modifier" and assigned both left and right click, as I didn't need middle click on AF/AD. Now I can Alt + lateral button to change brush size/hardness.

If you also have a "free" button, maybe it will do. 

(Pictures not in English, sorry)

img_001.png

img_002.png

img_003.png

• 10 months later...

Unfortunately I have another problem with using the Wacom Intuos Pro M in Affinity Photo. I have configured the tablet as shown above. But it works sometimes and mostly not or badly (= uncontrollable). Changing the brush size using the Alt key and the Pen key activates first the color pipette from the toolbar. If I tap the tablet a few times with the pen, sometimes it is possible to activate the function Change brush size. Most of the time, however, the brush is transformed uncontrollably into a huge size outside the photo.
I have completely deactivated pen operation in Windows 10, including Windows Freehand in the Wacom driver (which is of course up to date).

On 8/4/2018 at 1:22 PM, GabrielM said:

You do not need an additional hand. If you set your modifier button for right click, the tip of the pen acts as a left click anyways, so you would only need to hold down alt and use the modifier key on your pen. :)

i had to give a laugh, because for some dumb reason i didn't think of that lol