You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Give Away Very Soon

Uncle Mez

Hello everyone, was browsing twitter and found this 

Maybe one will be interrested and take a chance to win !

Blessings !

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

Can that be legal ?  (Not interested, tho, I purchased my licenses :) )  I don't remember the EULA, but most software licenses don't allow user rights being transferred by third parties... Dunno, tho.

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 (not using v1.x anymore) and V2.4.x. Windows 10 and Windows 11. 

Surely only Serif / Affinity can give away licence keys for their software????

Edited by DesignMeister

High-End Photographic Prints

Only Serif can literally give away licences their software, but anyone can pay for a licence for the Affinity Store version of either app and choose to have it tied to someone else’s email address. However, this presupposes that the intended recipient doesn’t already have an Affinity Store account associated with the specified email address.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hmmm...

How would that work in legal matters if the final end user wants to produce commercial work, prove in a design contest that owns a license, etc, etc ? I say this as a lot of the potential Affinity users are heading to these apps for a commercial use of some sort...Many contests, institutions, public admin, etc, would even require some proof of having fully licensed software . Even when just doing regular commercial work for companies, etc. A something tied to an email by the legal license owner kind of wouldn't make me feel safe in those circumstances... (anyway, 50$ is really not worth these hassles, IMO)

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 (not using v1.x anymore) and V2.4.x. Windows 10 and Windows 11. 

Is not sth to be surprised about, tho, DesignMeister.

Is indeed the typical , usual thing in an EULA: rarely licenses are transferable, for any purchased software license.  Unless the actual developer actively intervenes in that transfer.

Ebay is full of  certain frauds, and yet today you find a lot of people mislead by the belief that those are legit purchases. The vast majority aren't, no matter how attractive 10 bucks are, is still money lost for literally nothing more than a "copied" file...which costs...nothing...and adds nothing to you, other than a hole of 10 bucks in your pocket. 

In this case is obviously made with the best intention, And probably is fully legit. I don't remember if I read this in the specific Affinity's EULAs.

Maybe the use is possible, physically... But it is for commercial use, and retaining authorship, etc ? There reside my strong doubts.

8 hours ago, SrPx said:

How would that work in legal matters if the final end user wants to produce commercial work, prove in a design contest that owns a license, etc, etc ?

I don’t see that as a problem. The final end user owns the licence: it just happens to have been paid for by someone else.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)