ErrkaPetti

Renewing an old topic: Perspective Projection...

Hello there!

I posted this bugrapport on the original Perspektive Projection thread, but, this thread is more than one years old so I start a new thread just to get some attention...

After three intense weeks with Affinty Designer for iPad I’m back playing with Affinity Photo today...

I saw an tut video from one of your staff this morning, and liked to follow that and see the nice result...

But, yeah, there’s a but... It don’t work for me...

In perspective projection I take the grid and position it in the lower right frame, but the result ended on another place in the image (the tomatoes)...?

see picture upload... Tested with other pictures also, but with the same result...?

I Have two different iPads with both iOS 10 and 11 on, one iPad Pro 12.9” 2017 and one older iPad Air2, both have this problem with Perspektive Projection i Affinity Photo...

The app refuses to make the area under the projection grid to the right area, it always get another part of the pictures to choose, not the right spot...

Why?

0AF9C442-7B18-4E4D-BBB1-37CE59255706.jpeg

Hey ErrkaPetti,

It seems to be working for me—can you record a quick recording? I did identify a crash when you clear the projection after looking into this, so thanks for that! 

Yep I've been getting crashes all the while trying to do this sort of thing. I've found that if I come out of the document before committing the grid back to normal again then it 'usually' doesn't then crash but if I try to do everything in one go then it crashes every single time. Hoping it gets sorted soon.

Luckily I've not had the problem mentioned above with the wrong area selected though. 

Best wishes,

Mark

14 minutes ago, markbowen said:

I've found that if I come out of the document before committing the grid back to normal again then it 'usually' doesn't then crash but if I try to do everything in one go then it crashes every single time.

This is what I found. Thanks for also confirming :) 

I am glad I’m not the only one that is having crash issues when attempting to finalize the process. However this was working fine for me before this last update. Thanks for posting a possible work around I will attempt and hope this works for me as it did for you all.